Is the position of Drunk Guy taken?? (Hello!)

Gotin

Commander
Aug 30, 2020
RSI Handle
Gotin and Alia
Hey all, ok first....that post thread button or whatever it's called is hard to find when you're six shots into it and things are getting fuzzy, just saying..

right....ok so hello all in game I'm Gotin and Alia....it's a thing, my wife (Alia), and I game together, shit we met online IN a game 22 years ago and haven't kileld each other yet woots *nudges axe under table* so anyway ya...um ohright ya so the names are like that because we're trying to stream (lol, read as: we just play and show it on some service and nobody watches), not a schill just explaining the name. Anyway ....ok enough about the names.

So HI! When I found your org on the list and read the intro I fell in love. This is an org like I would make only there's no mention of BBQ which I see as a negative...seriously fix that...so I'll start with a copypasta of the thing in the pm I just got...

/clip/
New to Star Citizen and TEST? Introduce yourself by creating a fresh thread in this section and tell us a little about yourself!

(Inlcude your RSI handle if it is different from your forum name so we know who you are!)

Where you from stranger? -- St. Louis! Though, living in northern VA atm...omg the text totally changed with the paste wtf

What drew you to Star Citizen? -- Played all the wing commanders and even a bit of freelancer, it's space....I'm a huge SciFi nerd

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc) -- um....space? scifi? ......profit?? (pvp no thanks, dogfighting is broken in SC)

What was the first game you remember playing? -- ooph....um....it was this arcade game in the early/mid 70's and I simply have zero clue what it wsa. I remember the screen and dad holding me up to play it because I was too short. I think it was a kind of Combat style game only in color and with terrain (?) It was either that or a home system that looked like an early cellular phone with metal switches (it was white chassis), and had a light gun too, it had tennis for two and a combat style game and a shooting game. I think I was about three or four so this would have been about '75-76?

What other games do you play? -- holy crap...I'm going to assume currently and not have played because that'd be a huge list. Presently the wife and I play a lot of StarCitizen, 7 Days and we just finished up on Ark because nobody we know plays any longer and logging into a server with 50+ mods takes forever FFS.....and I was getting bored, sorry but not sorry.

How did you first hear about Test Squadron and what convinced you to join? -- Just saw it in th elist and found it amusing. Then found out my wife applied....so I kinda had to. Then saw that you all have a position for Drunk Guy and thought, hey, that's ME! So....I'm here to fly :)

Picard or Kirk? Kirk.....duh!

EDIT : If Kirk, new Kirk or old Kirk?
You mispelled Kirk

SO ya anyway I'm here to hang out and if anyone needs a pilot I enjoy flying. Back in my ArmA II days (fuck off ArmA III, asshole BIS d-bags), I spent some 10K hours just in CAS. And I enjoy drinking so, two great tastes that taste great together!

I'm drunk right now!

I regret nothing!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Welcome to the TEST party @Gotin !

Is the position of Drunk Guy taken? Yes, but good news, that position has many backup slots to fill in when the main Drunk passes out from supreme partying. Not to worry though, there's always room for more backups to take the helm. So welcome to the Drunk crew.

Do you have any favorite ships that you own or would like to at some point?

You mentioned that your wife & you stream SC? May I ask for the channel to help support by watching when I'm able?

Yup! Grew up watching it though when it was aired here in the states it was Robotech. That's a whole other kettle of fish I know :P
I grew up watching the original airings of Robotech on TV back in the day as well. When possible, I'm hoping to get a skin / paint job for my Sabre that looks like the Ghost Leader from Skull Squadron from the series.

Gotin

Commander
Aug 30, 2020
RSI Handle
Gotin and Alia
Welcome to the TEST party @Gotin !

Is the position of Drunk Guy taken? Yes, but good news, that position has many backup slots to fill in when the main Drunk passes out from supreme partying. Not to worry though, there's always room for more backups to take the helm. So welcome to the Drunk crew.

Do you have any favorite ships that you own or would like to at some point?

You mentioned that your wife & you stream SC? May I ask for the channel to help support by watching when I'm able?

I grew up watching the original airings of Robotech on TV back in the day as well. When possible, I'm hoping to get a skin / paint job for my Sabre that looks like the Ghost Leader from Skull Squadron from the series.

Currently I'm enjoying my Freelancer MIS. I like the gunship role and think this one has a lot of potential. Would like to see the missile system get fixed for all ships eventually but so far the MIS is mostly good on weapon deployment....it just gets around to it on IT'S time not matter how I cry and smash the button "oh, you requested five missiles, how quaint.....here's two....one at a time". I kept having visions of Macross style missile volleys but no....damit no.

......that and it doesn't seem to take well to trying to reconfigure the internal stores with a different missile.

But, otherwise the only other ships I have are an Avenger Titan, Prospector, regular Freelancer and a loaner Hornet (garbage, sorry not a fan and I freak'n loved Wing Commander). My wife on the other hand has....shit man, she's got a Mole, an Aquila, something like four ground buggies (five if you count the ROC), a Prospector and like four others I don't even know about......I've created a monster.

As to the streaming, we're on a bit of a hiatus presently. .. ......ok, look....we're lazy. Just getting into it and then had some real life crap happen, and then happen again when we tried to get back into it....and then audio issues (OMFG I hate audio soooooo much), and then we got all that fixed PLUS some upgrades and......ooph, ya.

I'm trying to push her to just fire it up. I mean, the whole idea was that we're both gaming people so why not simply stream it. I thought it'd be fun and who cares if we became popular, maybe we would make some friends or get to know other streamers, all that.

For SC it'd mostly be us just doing boring adult stuff in game like flying slowly around an asteroid field, looking for that perfect rock cluster. Or doing some NPC missions only to fail in an epic way because the 30K boss kicks us in the jimmy right at the end (and that was just today!). Which....is all fine because the whole point of streaming is to chat with people right? Except that all we ever get are lurkers (which are perfectly fine), and seeing as I'm the pilot it's a lot of me looking stern with my resting hillbilly face :P

Dude....Robotech.....man every time I'm at the store and go down the canned fruit section I pause and reflect when I see the pineapple. That scene tore me up as a teen. Bitches today are all like "omg Optimus Prime died?! waaaa" and those of us in the 80's are like "Roy Fokker man....you just don't know....oh and Prime already died in a way better movie anyway"

Pineapple Salad :(

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Currently I'm enjoying my Freelancer MIS. I like the gunship role and think this one has a lot of potential. Would like to see the missile system get fixed for all ships eventually but so far the MIS is mostly good on weapon deployment....it just gets around to it on IT'S time not matter how I cry and smash the button "oh, you requested five missiles, how quaint.....here's two....one at a time". I kept having visions of Macross style missile volleys but no....damit no.

......that and it doesn't seem to take well to trying to reconfigure the internal stores with a different missile.

But, otherwise the only other ships I have are an Avenger Titan, Prospector, regular Freelancer and a loaner Hornet (garbage, sorry not a fan and I freak'n loved Wing Commander). My wife on the other hand has....shit man, she's got a Mole, an Aquila, something like four ground buggies (five if you count the ROC), a Prospector and like four others I don't even know about......I've created a monster.

As to the streaming, we're on a bit of a hiatus presently. .. ......ok, look....we're lazy. Just getting into it and then had some real life crap happen, and then happen again when we tried to get back into it....and then audio issues (OMFG I hate audio soooooo much), and then we got all that fixed PLUS some upgrades and......ooph, ya.

I'm trying to push her to just fire it up. I mean, the whole idea was that we're both gaming people so why not simply stream it. I thought it'd be fun and who cares if we became popular, maybe we would make some friends or get to know other streamers, all that.

For SC it'd mostly be us just doing boring adult stuff in game like flying slowly around an asteroid field, looking for that perfect rock cluster. Or doing some NPC missions only to fail in an epic way because the 30K boss kicks us in the jimmy right at the end (and that was just today!). Which....is all fine because the whole point of streaming is to chat with people right? Except that all we ever get are lurkers (which are perfectly fine), and seeing as I'm the pilot it's a lot of me looking stern with my resting hillbilly face :P

Dude....Robotech.....man every time I'm at the store and go down the canned fruit section I pause and reflect when I see the pineapple. That scene tore me up as a teen. Bitches today are all like "omg Optimus Prime died?! waaaa" and those of us in the 80's are like "Roy Fokker man....you just don't know....oh and Prime already died in a way better movie anyway"

Pineapple Salad :(
I own the entire TV series DVD set of Robotech, so I know the plight & haven't enjoyed pineapple since that episode aired on TV originally that Sat morning. I also remember watching the original tv airings of the original series of the GI Joe & Transformer shows. I used to have the original Transformers the Movie from 1986 downloaded. I still remember the shock & horror I felt seeing Optimus being killed, then wondering what in the hell he was thinking of choosing Rodimus to lead in his place. That being said, I do think that the El Camino style vehicles were way ahead of their time & deserve a comeback.

Sounds to me as though your wife is on her way to becoming a Concierge member with CIG. If that's the goal, then I suggest that whichever account has the higher spent total purchase ALL of the vehicles from now on, then gift those for the other account to it afterwards to help boost the main accounts numbers. That's what I did for my GF that now has 6 vehicles. As for being a monster, my fleet rubs its belly, lets out a proud burp & says, "yeah, been there before." While the Avenger Stalker was the ship that initially lured me in, she was my 2nd ship. Ironically, she was eventually replaced with an upgrade to a Sabre with 10 year insurance during a recent anniversary sale. No worries though, I converted a couple other vehicles into a Titan & a Warlock. hehehe

As for the streaming, I'm not usually a lurker & I do my best to help support our members when they stream. (I usually only lurk while making food during a stream, which I'd say is fair.) I also asked because other members might want to help support your channel as well when they're able. Every little bit helps, right? It would also hopefully help you both make friends with your fellow wacky TESTies.

Forgot your password?