It's quiet...

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Not sure this is drama exactly, but I get the feeling these forums have become significantly quieter in the past month or two. Do our esteemed site admins have traffic metrics for the Test Squadron forum that might indicate whether that feeling is just my imagination, or whether it's real? There's little point debating why without first establishing if.

I have a couple of candidate theories about why I think it may have happened, but first things first...

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Not sure this is drama exactly, but I get the feeling these forums have become significantly quieter in the past month or two. Do our esteemed site admins have traffic metrics for the Test Squadron forum that might indicate whether that feeling is just my imagination, or whether it's real? There's little point debating why without first establishing if.

I have a couple of candidate theories about why I think it may have happened, but first things first...
Yes it's quiet, the number of people logged in at any one time is also kind of low. So you're not alone...

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
That's usually the case the closer you are to another patch (so the longer after a previous patch released). People are generally active right after each patch, they play a bit, discuss on forum, and then probably play less waiting for the next patch.
This. Also there's the loss of interest due to the whole road map fiasco. At least in my case it's a big part of my disinterest in SC until the selling mechanic drops and I can finally make sense of looting.
Something that I'd think also makes for less traffic here is the general world stuff, especially more mature ppl will be less interested in worrying about the state the damage output of a jog ship and other trivial matters and spending more time "worrying about the bomb" and gas prices and such. I sure do.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya

Ebb and flow of activity between patches.

We are at the tail end of 3.16, there are other big games people are playing. 3.17 is around the corner, so most are just waiting for that to drop.

In addition most of the new arrivals to TEST are younger and go directly to Discord. Forums are not the preferred means of communications these days.

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Ebb and flow of activity between patches.

We are at the tail end of 3.16, there are other big games people are playing. 3.17 is around the corner, so most are just waiting for that to drop.

In addition most of the new arrivals to TEST are younger and go directly to Discord. Forums are not the preferred means of communications these days.
Thanks Montoya, that's a bit reassuring. Elden Ring was one of my candidate theories. Here's hoping 3.17 will reinvigorate things here.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Still here, was on hiatus (family deaths). On the plus side, I made friends with a random cat passing through my yard.
Sorry to hear you are going through a rough time, we'll be here :like:

I made friends with a cat but made the mistake of giving it a piece of wafer-thin ham. If there is one way of getting a strange cat to follow you around for the next week, it's giving it a meat product.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Sorry to hear you are going through a rough time, we'll be here :like:

I made friends with a cat but made the mistake of giving it a piece of wafer-thin ham. If there is one way of getting a strange cat to follow you around for the next week, it's giving it a meat product.
Cheers Naf and Montoya.
No cat today. Maybe tomorrow.

Forgot your password?