Jet Packs and Paramedics!

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
If they bring these into Star Citizen, the first thing I'm going to end up doing is accidentally roasting my patient while landing. Assuming REAL paramedics are better trained and more sober, I can see these as being super practical and a real game changer...you know....as soon as they're actually practical.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
The Brits are practicing using them for boarding ops.

View: https://youtu.be/H4FUBfp9kS0
It will turn into the world's most expensive and tragic skeet shooting incident if they ever try a boarding OP at THAT speed. Concept is totally there (Iron man is cool as shit) but until evasive maneuvers are possible and reliable, this thing will be a deathtrap for combat situations. Then again, the badguys may just shit themselves when they see JetPack troops at their heels.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
It will turn into the world's most expensive and tragic skeet shooting incident if they ever try a boarding OP at THAT speed. Concept is totally there (Iron man is cool as shit) but until evasive maneuvers are possible and reliable, this thing will be a deathtrap for combat situations. Then again, the badguys may just shit themselves when they see JetPack troops at their heels.
This was what I was thinking. Its not like the boarders have any way to shoot back.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Ok so we're gonna need to buy more helicopter ambulances in order to swoop in and try and put all the rocket paramedics back together.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
If they bring these into Star Citizen, the first thing I'm going to end up doing is accidentally roasting my patient while landing. Assuming REAL paramedics are better trained and more sober, I can see these as being super practical and a real game changer...you know....as soon as they're actually practical.
Responding to someone who has simply rolled an ankle, stepping off a sidewalk...Patient has a rolled ankle, and significant 3rd degree burns to 90% of body.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Responding to someone who has simply rolled an ankle, stepping off a sidewalk...Patient has a rolled ankle, and significant 3rd degree burns to 90% of body.
"A job well done! Pack it in, boys!"

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Really, it is getting from point A to point B quickly. Military applications, could get troops to a safe spot over hard terrain very fast - unload the jetpack and fight. Since you can't use your hands, I'd suppose a full on Asselt would be pretty silly. When I found this article, I was looking for information for forest firefighting... thinking grab your axe and go type of scenario. Imagine a burning building and you need to get a fire fighter to the top fast... this solution would be great.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
One day.....in the future..wait they also promised flying cars...where are my flying cars? I remember hearing something a smart person said once "Everything we can possibly imagine, has already been invented. We just haven't "realized" it yet".

Reactions: Bambooza

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
One day.....in the future..wait they also promised flying cars...where are my flying cars? I remember hearing something a smart person said once "Everything we can possibly imagine, has already been invented. We just haven't "realized" it yet".
We live in amazing times... computing power is growing exponentially... in the 80s when I was growing up... I was at the ditch finding crawdads... not on google. Buckle up buttercup, things are going to really start moving fast. As for flying cars... well there are protypes but they are just not economically feasible. Kind of like solar power. I would consider it for my home if the overall cost was less than my electric bill, and it is not. So, no one in my community has it except for some diehard activists.

Forgot your password?