Jimmy Kimmel

Devil Doge

Grand Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Double_Jinx
i normally dont really care about this kind of stuff but a friend showed this clip to me. i think this is a new low point for the guy. taking something that so many of us love and unnecessarily fucking with it

thoughts?

Frisbeerocker

Commissar
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Frisbeerocker87
While I have always enjoyed Kimmel, this bit reminded me he does come from a different generation. And that generation still doesn't see videogames as a legit form of entertainment media.

Reactions: mromutt

Stee Jans

Grand Admiral
Sep 1, 2015
RSI Handle
SteeJans
Everyone is entitled to have and express their own opinions. The only thing that upsets me in this clip is the way the gaming community reacted. If Kimmel thinks gaming is a waste of time, I don't care, it's his opinion and it doesn't affect me at all. The gamers who wrote those hate comments on the other hand, were, in a way, representing the entire gaming community, which I'm a part of. They made us look worse than Kimmel did.

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
Never heard of Jimmy Kimmel, but the dude does seem to be funny, judging from this video alone.
But the condescending tone really tells a lot about the general view of videogames. "you need to come out of the house to be a part of the community", "i am arguing with a bunch of angry 12yo's"

Imagine explaining people with this mentality that you have a concierge status for the game that is not released.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Sarah Silverman dumped the dude, 'nuff said

Reactions: mromutt

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
He's a pretty funny guy.

That being said, the whole "watching people play video games is stupid" thing is dumb. By that logic, watching people play sports is a waste of time to.

It's not the video game himself that makes it funny, its the person playing and commentary that makes it hilarious.

He's just playing this up for ratings. If I was famous, I'm sure I'd get death threats for saying I prefer snickerdoodles to chocolate chip cookies.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Eh, I chuckle at him sometimes. TBH the comments kinda make me cringe. I can't imagine wasting so much rage on something so insignificant. Save that kind of profanity for the important things in life, like the goddamn piece of shit blue shells that come and fuck you over when you're literally seconds from winning the shitty race and then all those shit-eating cumdumpsters you formerly called "friends" just go farting past you and you get last fucking place. AGAIN.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
If any of you don't know, Jimmy Kimmel's passion is trolling. Like, serious outright trolling, which is why this is so funny. He's essentially baited people into thinking he's completely against this, when really, he just poked fun at it and everyone got butthurt. Read the comments on the video and you can see people taking this WAAAAAAAAYYYYY too seriously.

If you feel that strongly about it, shrug it off and move on. You'll spend more time being offended than he took to offend you.

Groundstain

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Groundstain
meh... It doesn't bother me in the least. He makes his money this way, and is just being the kid that spams "mad bro". Ignore him and he will move on.

Randson

Space Marshal
Oct 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Randson
Meh, just as he enjoys what he's doing and makes money from doing so, someone out there is playing games, having fun playing them, and making their living. Those comments on YouTube though...

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Everyone is entitled to have and express their own opinions. The only thing that upsets me in this clip is the way the gaming community reacted. If Kimmel thinks gaming is a waste of time, I don't care, it's his opinion and it doesn't affect me at all. The gamers who wrote those hate comments on the other hand, were, in a way, representing the entire gaming community, which I'm a part of. They made us look worse than Kimmel did.
just remember those were most likely a few out of possibly thousands of comments, though I do agree with you those kind of people make us all look bad.

PhosphorusForFun

Space Marshal
Mar 14, 2015
RSI Handle
PhosphorusForFun
Jimmy Kimmel never impressed me anyways and his target audience are people that sit down and watch tv from 7pm to when they fall asleep. Kettles fighting pots always makes noise and noise gets attention.

Audax Phidippus

Captain
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Audax_Phidippus
Funny enough.
I agree with those who said: Most of all, it just made me embarrassed for my "community".
And he is right.. anyone butthurt enough to rage-comment his video probably is a basement dweller or 12 year old.
These guys poke fun at everyone, it's their job.

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
Who fucking cares?! Getting butt hurt over this is the same as being mad because you were down-voted on reddit. It makes absolutely no difference in the entire fucking world, what one guy with a tv show says about people he's never met. People that get upset over stuff like this are the same people that I worry will one day shoot up a theater.

Elsa

Captain
Aug 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Elsa
i normally dont really care about this kind of stuff but a friend showed this clip to me. i think this is a new low point for the guy. taking something that so many of us love and unnecessarily fucking with it

thoughts?
Anyone who took offense to this needs to:
A) Grow up, its comedy and some form of comedy comes from ridicule/insult/poking fun
B) Grow a back Bone
C) Laugh it off

What I find truly embarrassing is the replies... I'm embarrassed to be a human being. Then again the comments aren't any worse than your avg youtuber comment...

Jimmy Kimmel... Nowhere near as dull, vanilla, and lame as Jimmy Fallon. I can't stand Jimmy Fallon... His comedy appeals to the lowest common denominator.. Well below an acceptable IQ. But then again to be a successful and rich comedian/showman... Maybe that is your goal... Then Kudos to him.. Mission accomplished.

I'd rather enjoy comedy from a smarter niche comedian...

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
Anyone who took offense to this needs to:
A) Grow up, its comedy and some form of comedy comes from ridicule/insult/poking fun
B) Grow a back Bone
C) Laugh it off

What I find truly embarrassing is the replies... I'm embarrassed to be a human being. Then again the comments aren't any worse than your avg youtuber comment...

Jimmy Kimmel... Nowhere near as dull, vanilla, and lame as Jimmy Fallon. I can't stand Jimmy Fallon... His comedy appeals to the lowest common denominator.. Well below an acceptable IQ. But then again to be a successful and rich comedian/showman... Maybe that is your goal... Then Kudos to him.. Mission accomplished.

I'd rather enjoy comedy from a smarter niche comedian...
Perhaps they just need to ... let it go?

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
This is just Jimmy being Jimmy. I think he's hilarious (including this segment). People need to realize that he is hosting a show with many writers, and is just looking for laughs.

That being said, there are certain people (especially on the internet, where they have anonymity) who take freaking-out to whole new levels. This clip obviously does not represent the majority of the internet or gaming community, but the same people who sent those messages to Jimmy are probably the same ones who yell at everyone in Call of Duty, and who irrationally hate on everyone who isn't them or doesn't share their views

Forgot your password?