Just a warning those unfamiliar with trading

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I promised your fearless leaders that I wasn't going to publicly condemn the guy. He's no longer in the Org. The moral of the story is you trust nobody unless you're willing to take a loss. @Yex, I have all his information, but as I've learned from being burned on Ebay for a $1,000 CPU that never shipped a few years ago, the police won't do much for you. They'll at best track the guy down, help you get a case together to sue. Caveat is you will have to fie in their state. In this case, $200 isn't worth the trouble for me. Just keep all this in mind. Being in Test is free, and nobody is obligated to integrity here or anywhere that doesn't keep the leverage of the trade at least equal for both parties. The SC Gray Market is an enormous risk for buyers.
I can't understand why, that seems like something that needs public condemning.

Tooterfish

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Tooterfish
I can't understand why, that seems like something that needs public condemning.
You're probably right, but I don't see how it changes anything. I'll send you the scoop in PM. I've already warned his new handler that he's not to be trusted so he's their problem now. If Montoya and his Aristocrats want to create a disclaimer, which I think he should, and throw his name on the list of thieves that's his business. Mine is between myself and douche bag in question. Anyway- sorry to hijack the thread, just wanted to warn you guys of the danger and chance to vent was too great.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
OP, do you have any chat logs, etc; proof of your interactions with the individual in question? You should attach screenshots of these interactions to your CS ticket with CIG.

Burbo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Burbo
ya.. op should definitely contact CIG for help; especially if there is comm log.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
The guy has already been IP banned and Montoya talked to Nikki about the incident. Listing usernames don't help since he can just simply change his handle/account and offers false security. Will talk to Montoya about releasing his username (did he say we can't release it? because this is the first time I heard of it).

As always vigilance is the best defense from this kind of stuff from occurring and I would be more than happy to help middleman trades as I have done in the past for several test members. Will also write up a warning notice sticky in Marketplace when I get back home!

Last edited:

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
What a dickbag. Sorry to hear you got scammed broski. In the future, it might be advisable to get someone to middleman it for ya.

Rabidsponge

Space Marshal
Mar 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Khlutz
UPDATE:

Hi there

i forwarded on your original ticket to the our accounts department for them to look into the best solution. They will contact you in due course. If you do not receive an reply soon email me back and i will look into it further for you.

Yours Allie C

So here's hoping thats a good thing/ outcome!

Reactions: WarrenPeace
Forgot your password?