Would you log onto a KMP server?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barthanes

Admiral
Nov 10, 2013
RSI Handle
BarthanesGraves
Ok so i heard the idea of a kerbal space program multiplayer server. I have used the KMP mod before and got a little interested. I was wondering if anyone was interested in the idea. i have an old laptop that i can run as a server and am willing to get an extra account in steam and use that as a host. It wouldn't be up all the time but while i could, i would have the server up. I already know how to set up a KMP server so all i really need to know is how much community support there would be.

P.S. If this goes through i will be asking yall code monkeys for advice on how to set up a more permanent server.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
They have that? Dear god that sounds fun.

Edit: if the old laptop doesn't work out, don't hesistate to ask. I have an old desktop I've modified with Windows Server 2003 that generally works as a file server, but can function as a game server in a pinch. If all else fails, I have a decently powerful machine, I can probably run it in the background WHILE playing with you.

Barthanes

Admiral
Nov 10, 2013
RSI Handle
BarthanesGraves
The old laptop will work to run the game and it works fine as the host of one or two people. Although, if the idea gets popular running it on a desktop might be a better idea. I was thinking about having it set up full time on the weekends, and shutting it off during the week. I suppose i should admit i have no idea how to set something like that up beyond the vaguest outlines.

Dranoc

Autistic EVE Player
Donor
Feb 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Dranoc
If anyone is interested we have a server up. Hop on ts if you want the modpack/ip.

Jack Firebaugh

Rear Admiral
Jun 20, 2014
RSI Handle
JackFirebaugh
oh I bet this would be fantastic!

Forgot your password?