[LEAK] Crusader next Concept sale on the way?

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Just found this:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUj6ZVb1Y_k

It appear that CIG in on the road to release a new concept sale foorm CI: the Crusader Achilles Starbomber. OFC this name coould be totally temporary...
From the file digging of someone it appear to have some component in common with the MSR so we could expect a similar size ship...

Now I'm wondering: and if the 404 ship used for the video is just the concept 3D model this new Starbomber??

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
No, the 400i is still in the files, this is a new concept.

With the A2 being the only ship capable of bombing, it makes sense that some smaller ship should also have that ability.

Single seater fighter/bomber maybe?

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
No, the 400i is still in the files, this is a new concept.

With the A2 being the only ship capable of bombing, it makes sense that some smaller ship should also have that ability.

Single seater fighter/bomber maybe?
True a small boomber is big hole in the ships category but I'll expect that bombs will be a standard option for every ship like missiles, or at lest for the smaller one.
I alsoo wonder why CIg didn't put the dumb fire rocket really in game: right now they are only available for the Harbringer and the Mustang... but they are treated as common weapons so....

Reactions: Blind Owl

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
They need to finish the Starliner before they introduce anymore concept ships for Crusader.
They may use the achellis to make more assets to be used on the starliner since there is no gameplay based around tourism and luxury ships yet. the other ship manufacturers already have quite a few assets i feel crusader needs more to work with.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Well after the MSR, the Hercules and later this year Ares they should have the Crusader look and feel down.
Actually I think they lack a small ship style: all the CI art are developed for medium and large ship, even the Ares is not that small considering is sporting a S7 gun.
While the mayor guideline for CI is defenetly set I think adapting them to very small ship, like a starte one, a competitor of the 100i, could be challanging.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Actually I think they lack a small ship style: all the CI art are developed for medium and large ship, even the Ares is not that small considering is sporting a S7 gun.
While the mayor guideline for CI is defenetly set I think adapting them to very small ship, like a starte one, a competitor of the 100i, could be challanging.
That is a fair point. I do have to wonder how easy it is to scale up or down with in a style guide.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hmm I'm confused: the size of a Gladiator with THAT kind of a loadout...? It fell more like a gunship rathere then a bomber... unless they used the central guns for rappresent the torpedos/bombs... in that case it will make sense...

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
It flies like a finely tuned brick? But with offsetting upsides compared to a hornet.

Here's a March 2021 Gladiator review that I thought was pretty good: Anvil Gladiator Review | Star Citizen 3.12 Gameplay - YouTube
I watch the review (nice channel BTW, I bookmarket it in my personal collection....) and well, It appear that the Gladiator is exactly what I expect from it: a fighter-bomber combination that trade something of both world into a multi-role platform. It lacks the agility and speed of a dedicated fighter, but it does add some firepower to a dedicated bomber like the Eclipse.
Personally I think is a good alternative to the Harbringer, with more torpedo payload and a smaller frame able to be fitted into more carrier, plus a more agile ship for in-atmo situation.
If the upcoming Crusader bombomber will follow this line but with the Crusader's ships trade mark (faster and more agile then the weight class, like the MSR) it will be another great ship.

Forgot your password?