Logitech X56 HOTAS profile

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hi TESTies, I've just bought a Logitec X56 Pro (payed less then half of full price... ) and I'm trying to set it up for SC but i'm knocking head into a wall and need some help to sort out few problems...

First I need to configure the trottle to actuall be the trottle, I've manage to assign the correct action but it set reversed (so zero is full forward), try to set the reverse axis for trottle in the control menu but that doesn't change anything.
Also almost any of the rotary imput on the trottle and the mini stick are mapped as x/y/z axis so I can't find a way to map them as I'll intended to do (use the mini joystic to strafe) becouse they conflict eachother.

Can someone point me in right direction or lend me a config file for the X56 to work on?

Reactions: Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Nothing is wrong with that, that is the default configuration of a Thrustmaster throttle with SC since 3.5 too. You have to set it to reverse the throttle controls. I have to say, I found the throttle changes annoying. What I suggest is going into Arena Commanders single player free flight to setup the throttles. I actually got so fed up with it that I just reverted to using the throttle as it was in 3.4.

I'll also say you might find some useful info here, courtesy of @August
It's for the Thrustmaster in dual stick, but you might be able to make a translation if anything is different.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
First I need to configure the trottle to actuall be the trottle, I've manage to assign the correct action but it set reversed (so zero is full forward), try to set the reverse axis for trottle in the control menu but that doesn't change anything.
You must select the correct "Joystick / HOTAS #" in the controls menu, for example, stick might be "Joystick / HOTAS 1", throttle might be "Joystick / HOTAS 2". You can check the order in the Keybindings Advanced controls customization. Select the correct # before you invert an axis.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Ook afert a good sleep and something like 5 hours in Arena Commander I've manage to set the Hotas as it should...
Yes the right path was to search for the right HOTAS number... why there are 4 (four) hotas?? WTF...
And by the way I have initially set the binding with the wrong command... First time setting up an HOTAS and it feel really tedius: SC really need a complete guide for the command binding....

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Zero is full forward?

Why did you do that?
I did not "DO" that... is the default configuration...
If you loom into the HOTAS configuration in Windows you'll see tat the "1000" value is set in the "full back" position, and the "0" value is set in the "full forward" one... and Yes, I think this is sick too:drunk:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
why there are 4 (four) hotas?? WTF...
Because 4 is the limit of controllers / joysticks the SC UI supports. Beyond 4 you must reconfigure controllers with export / import control bindings.

let me rephrase your question:
why there are only 4 (four) hotas?? WTF...

... damn, I still didn't enable my G13 virtual Joystick

Forgot your password?