m50 thread

Lonestar the Kilrathi

Rear Admiral
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Lonestar the Kilrathi
so, uh, yeah... needs a nerf. it's OP as hell. lol. it's my favorite, i love it.

maybe with the netcode problems fixed they won't have to nerf its maneuverability or acceleration (but yeah that acceleration is freaking nuts, i can be going -280 mps and boost forward and 2 seconds later i'm going +280. don't get me wrong, i love it, but, the thrusters are probably too strong. i hope they don't nerf that though. i really like winning.

I thought they had made it a bit less durable, but i can still absorb a glancing impact really well and i've gone backwards into asteroids a few times and just bounced off. Maybe that's also a net code issue (not registering the collision) or something, but the m50 should, imho, have weak little shields and zero armor. a few well placed shots ought to disable you pretty well.

i have no doubt they'll do something to make the m50 less... invulnerable. but hopefully they won't gimp it for combat and as a result gimp it for racing.

not that i race

Thoughts on the m50? Love it, hate it?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The M50 is going to be blazing fast when you get into modifying its engines!

Lonestar the Kilrathi

Rear Admiral
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Lonestar the Kilrathi
Defo my piloting skills need upgrading not sure about the engines on this thing coz I suck in it
what is your prefered control scheme?
i find that in the m50 you should prioritize roll over yaw. yaw is very much slower than pitch.

use boost when you turn to bring your prograde in front of you. you can reverse direction and stop on a dime. use your throttle a lot, throttle down in turns, and if you can keep reverse thrust very handy, instead of trying to highspeed pass, play chicken and when they are under 800m boost full reverse and you will wind up floating above them (at -200mps) and you can rain on them easily. if they bear weapons on you, boost full ahead and blast right past.

to help prevent blackouts when pitching to turn, add some yaw and throttle back and boost out.

UPGRAY3DD

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jan 26, 2014
RSI Handle
UPGRAY3DD
the m50's are infuriating. They can do a circle around me before I yaw 180 degrees. The key is to hang back, go slow, and use your lat thrusters as they approach.

Green Avenger

Lieutenant
Aug 14, 2014
RSI Handle
GreenAvenger
Best way to fight an m50, go decoupled and boost backwards while strafing so your facing it...and pray to god you don't hit an asteroid or go out of bounds :P

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
M50s are annoying as fuck. Thank god they can't mount the Hornet gatling guns anymore.

I can't wait till the Gladius is in the game.

Forgot your password?