Industry Manufacturer Company utilizing wreckage, fun right?

Achlys

Lieutenant
May 6, 2015
RSI Handle
Achlys47
I'll try to make this as concise as possible: my idea consists of having a crew of Reclaimers or ships to be released in the future that scour battlefields after the fighting is done and collect destroyed ships, ideally ones with minimal damage. They take said ships to a planet relatively isolated so purchasing the land is cheap and can store all the ships, a ship graveyard essentially. While the collectors are busy doing what they do best people on the planet work on disassembling ships and rebuilding them, Auroras in the thousands, with any luck it can be streamlined process. Machines that survey ships, takes off all the pieces that aren't red, trash the red pieces, and conveys the good pieces to where they need to go. This can be implemented into making new types of weapons and combinations of ships as well depending on how versatile the ship customization is going to be in the full release. In our particular case we could easily expand our fleet size with a little bit of teamwork after every battle as those with insurance would get a new ship on top of the ones reconstructed, maybe 1:6 ratio of reconstruction for every destroyed ship. If space towing is going to be possible it would make our fleet of Auroras quite capable even in after battles as we could connect 300 some Auroras to a destroyed Capital ship, tow it, and repair it planetside. Now wouldn't that be a grand sight for TEST?

Reactions: Ictoan

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
i realy hope so XD

Reactions: Achlys

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Oof, wallatext. That's cruel thing to do to a man with a hangover. But I love the idea of creating a ship graveyard. It wouldn't necessarily have to be on a planet even, just an empty sector of space. That would make it easier to keep larger wrecks intact while we refurbish them.

Reactions: Achlys and honcho12

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
Oof, wallatext. That's cruel thing to do to a man with a hangover. But I love the idea of creating a ship graveyard. It wouldn't necessarily have to be on a planet even, just an empty sector of space. That would make it easier to keep larger wrecks intact while we refurbish them.
I was just thinking that. I wonder if the crucible will be able to work as a sort of space dry docks for the moderately damaged ships.

Reactions: Achlys

Achlys

Lieutenant
May 6, 2015
RSI Handle
Achlys47
Ohhhh that would be even cooler, I did not even consider space platforms. That would definitely make it a lot easier to move larger pieces of ships like engines around in zero gravity. Good idea sah! That's why I thought i'd take the time to post this here.

So how about we post this idea on RSI?
If you guys think this is actually attention worthy of the developers I would love to make this idea get more attention as it would be really fun and definitely add another unique dynamic to the game. Especially for our Test group where we can give new people training ships that cost us nothing but a little time and we could sell higher end ships we rebuilt to other factions we are allied with to bolster our reputation- just two more examples of the possible implications.

Reactions: Ictoan
Forgot your password?