RSI Handle
Vavrik

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Came here to post this other link...

I find it interesting to read all the empty, meaningless buzzwords in these press releases:
For us, when we think about acquisitions, we always start with our mission, to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Activision Blizzard is one of the premier game publishers worldwide, and their mission to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment is deeply aligned with our own. Together, our ambition is to bring the joy and community of gaming to everyone on the planet.
That's interesting, because when I think of "Microsoft" and "acquisition" all I can think of is the great gaming companies and IP they've killed.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Could be worse, could've been EA!
This 👆

I mean is not that Activision with the Call of Duty is dooing amazing work eh... is the annual reskin of the same old plain game, with little to no (ok, more on the "no" side) innovation...
I hope that the MS guidance bring some fresh air into the Blizzard line up, it doens't really shine to me in the last past years, plus being Ms actuall own both Zenimax and Blizzard could be that we'll see some intersting idea coming out... I don't know a DOOM based MMO?

About MS claims... "to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more." well....how about that windows phone line up...

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
This 👆

I mean is not that Activision with the Call of Duty is dooing amazing work eh... is the annual reskin of the same old plain game, with little to no (ok, more on the "no" side) innovation...
I hope that the MS guidance bring some fresh air into the Blizzard line up, it doens't really shine to me in the last past years, plus being Ms actuall own both Zenimax and Blizzard could be that we'll see some intersting idea coming out... I don't know a DOOM based MMO?

About MS claims... "to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more." well....how about that windows phone line up...
Omg I miss my Nokia 925...
Still have it stashed in my junk tech drawer, both of them actually, still powers up, still looks amazing, and is abso - fuckin - lutely useless! Thanks MS! Same goes for their smartwatches.

Well, it's interesting to see them gobble up some big names like Bethesda and now ActiBlizz. I hope they clean house there, and let the actually talented handful of ppl that are still left at blizz create something good for a change.
BTW I keep seeing all the shitting on MS and their store and games..
XBox gaming pass for PC is great. It's what EA origin was supposed to be, but it actually has good, fresh games fully playable on day one for peanuts, and it works. I'll be happy to see some past ActiBlizz titles show up there so I can play them without having to pay full price, whenever I feel like it.

Last edited:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
This 👆

call of duty doom style?

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Drop the slayer from Doom into the realm of Oblivion from Elderscrolls. If I'm not mistaken, didn't Microsoft purchase Bethesda as well?
Not really: MS actually bought Zenimax, that is the company that hold Bethesda and a couple of other games studio...
Seams that recently MS is on a spending spree aiming to collect as much valuable games studion as it can, with the acquiring of Blizzard is actually the 3rd game industry ain the wolrd after Sony and, I think, Nintendo... that's an heavy weight, it will be interesting to see how it will evolve in the future years.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Not really: MS actually bought Zenimax, that is the company that hold Bethesda and a couple of other games studio...
Seams that recently MS is on a spending spree aiming to collect as much valuable games studion as it can, with the acquiring of Blizzard is actually the 3rd game industry ain the wolrd after Sony and, I think, Nintendo... that's an heavy weight, it will be interesting to see how it will evolve in the future years.
My memory from reading another article is that Tencent is #1, Sony is #2 still, and Microsoft is now #3.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
My memory from reading another article is that Tencent is #1, Sony is #2 still, and Microsoft is now #3.
It's crazy that Tencent is #1seeing that they were only founded in 1998 and basically as a licensing company for Japanese/Western games.

They're always gonna be hamstrung by the Chinese government though. Beijing has a thing against gaming (specifically online gaming). China's gonna be China.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Check this out:

There was a good article about how the sexual harrassment claims set up this deal (see link below). In a nutshell, Kotick has lead the company for 30 years by delivering higher and higher stock prices every quarter...well, the sexual harrassment claims knocked over 30% of the stocks price down (from over $100 to just $65 a share). Microsoft stepped in at first to offer their support to Activision, and then offered a premium over the current price (but still a discount over the summer high), thus getting a great deal for MS, and also ensuring that Kotick would get a good golden parachute.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Check this out:

There was a good article about how the sexual harrassment claims set up this deal (see link below). In a nutshell, Kotick has lead the company for 30 years by delivering higher and higher stock prices every quarter...well, the sexual harrassment claims knocked over 30% of the stocks price down (from over $100 to just $65 a share). Microsoft stepped in at first to offer their support to Activision, and then offered a premium over the current price (but still a discount over the summer high), thus getting a great deal for MS, and also ensuring that Kotick would get a good golden parachute.

Ridiculous. Kotick is the Poster Boy for everything that's wrong with Triple A game studios.

Forgot your password?