Mining Leaderboard - September : CLOSED - Winner posted within.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I see so few resources on Cellin hardly worth the effort. I see no meaningful difference between the distribution, quality or quantity between Yela and Daymar surface.
I can easily make 66k in a prospector on the surface of Yela or Cellin. Northern Part of both moons are better. I’ve ran into some equatorial dead zones, but if you keep flying in one direction and don’t end up circling the same area again and again, you will find good rocks to mine, remember to just take the cream of the crop though

-PV-

Captain
Sep 2, 2020
RSI Handle
PV01
I can easily make 66k in a prospector on the surface of Yela or Cellin. Northern Part of both moons are better. I’ve ran into some equatorial dead zones, but if you keep flying in one direction and don’t end up circling the same area again and again, you will find good rocks to mine, remember to just take the cream of the crop though
Circling is something I've been avoiding for years mining in Elite:D. Set an outpost dest and always fly too/from it. I would have brought back what you claim a few times if I didn't have to eject a load of Quant. I did my best to imagine where "north" on Yela might be and improved my score a little, but not dramatic. Just three times my former average picking up more Larinite.

Last edited:

-PV-

Captain
Sep 2, 2020
RSI Handle
PV01
This is what I do with the play time permitted. Mostly 100% chunks but will take partial percentages if the chunk has a very valuable element. Sometime no valuable rock show up after 45- 60 minutes of scanning so will take what there is instead of returning empty.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Odd question, on the 2nd run, I got the volatile cargo after picking up the laranite/borase rock with no quantanium, are the other T1 minables considered volitile or just quantanium?
Just Quantanium. The warning going off is a bug and happens after you mine Quantanium.

Forgot your password?