Mr. Stephen Hawking

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
This is a heartbreaking death for me. I've sat many nights wondering what this man could be thinking about or what his contributions to society have been. I've had the pleasure of walking aimlessly around the campus of Kings College in Cambridge, thinking about life and what it's all about, what Isaac Newton or Stephan Hawking saw to inspire them in their pursuit of knowledge. Even though he had what some people would consider an incapacitating disease, he lived longer than anyone ever expected and helped change the world along the way. He was so inspiring to me, because even stuck in a chair, unable to speak, unable to move, it never stopped him from doing what he loved. He may have died peacefully in his sleep, but he did not go gently into the night. He showed the world the fury of the human mind.

stephen-hawking-1024x615-740x480.jpg

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on that sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

-Dylan Thomas

Please share your thoughts below. I know we all share like interests, how has Mr. Hawking affected your life?

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
Beautiful tribute from Dan Marcus:

"Stephen Hawking has died. More importantly, Stephen Hawking lived.

He persevered against all odds. He triumphed over all obstacles. He was the personification of the human spirit. He endured when everyone told him he would falter. He brought so much to the world of science. His contributions to this world will never be forgotten.

Stephen Hawking lived. If you have ever felt burdened, overwhelmed, or felt unable to succeed against life’s pressures, remember how Stephen Hawking lived. And live like that every day you can."

Reactions: Jolly_Green_Giant

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Beautiful tribute from Dan Marcus:

"Stephen Hawking has died. More importantly, Stephen Hawking lived.

He persevered against all odds. He triumphed over all obstacles. He was the personification of the human spirit. He endured when everyone told him he would falter. He brought so much to the world of science. His contributions to this world will never be forgotten.

Stephen Hawking lived. If you have ever felt burdened, overwhelmed, or felt unable to succeed against life’s pressures, remember how Stephen Hawking lived. And live like that every day you can."

I love it.

Forgot your password?