My entries for CIG's 2950 UEE Recruitment Poster Contest

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
|

If you didn't know, CIG ran a contest during Invictus Launch Week for players to create their own UEE recruitment posters. There weren't a lot of requirements or restrictions... it was rather wide open. But, me being me, I wanted to use mostly in-game screenshots to create my poster. All the shots I used were captured in at least 4k. The three main characters, the terrain, the background army, the sabres, and the moons are all in-game screenshots.

And after all that, I thought maybe this "poster" could be more of a dynamic and almost interactive display in-game. Imagine walking down the hallway of one of the space ports. As you walk by this display, the layered elements shift, causing a parallax effect... all while grand music plays and a voice encourages you to enlist! In other words, futuristic digital signage.
Thanks to Captain Richard for the VO.

You can view my full entry on Spectrum here.

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
Dayum dude! That needs to be sold in metal prints!
How can I get one of the one on the right? with the sabre. I need that like... since 2015.
Thank you!! I thought it came out well.

With all my previous SC posters, I made sure I was working in a high resolution for possible poster prints. This time, however, I was not. I think we had about 9-10 days to create the posters and I was too busy with other projects to start until there were about 3-4 days left. To save time (load and processing time) for this poster contest, I worked in a lower ppi. It's still high... but not large format printing "high". It was designed at 11x17" at 200 ppi. You're more than welcome to try printing this PNG (in RGB) or I can convert it to CMYK and another file format of your choosing (TIF, PDF?).

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Very good work, but if i can rise a smal critc on the left on the write "Do your part..." looks a bit "out of contest", like it was stick there in a second time and doesn't look very coerent with the rest of the color pallet...

Since the 3 marine as a ceter pece of the poster I think it will be nice to have some Valkyre as a ship, may be a view form the front, taken while s landing and fire un the landinga zone to clear it out, it will be a very tight reference with the 3 marine there..

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
It was designed at 11x17" at 200 ppi. You're more than welcome to try printing this PNG (in RGB) or I can convert it to CMYK and another file format of your choosing (TIF, PDF?).
Whatever works for https://displate.com/whats-a-displate ?
Your work would be my first print order from this place.
Might look amazing in a no frame medium-sized gloss.
I just emailed their support to find out if they do custom and if that file size and ppi would be enough.

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
Very good work, but if i can rise a smal critc on the left on the write "Do your part..." looks a bit "out of contest", like it was stick there in a second time and doesn't look very coerent with the rest of the color pallet...

Since the 3 marine as a ceter pece of the poster I think it will be nice to have some Valkyre as a ship, may be a view form the front, taken while s landing and fire un the landinga zone to clear it out, it will be a very tight reference with the 3 marine there..
Thanks. I agree that the body text/phrase is out of place... I ran out of time.

As to the "three marines"... in CIG's original post on spectrum, they included two example recruitment posters of their own; one of which was two marines with Valks flying behind them. I didn't want to do the same thing.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
|

If you didn't know, CIG ran a contest during Invictus Launch Week for players to create their own UEE recruitment posters. There weren't a lot of requirements or restrictions... it was rather wide open. But, me being me, I wanted to use mostly in-game screenshots to create my poster. All the shots I used were captured in at least 4k. The three main characters, the terrain, the background army, the sabres, and the moons are all in-game screenshots.

And after all that, I thought maybe this "poster" could be more of a dynamic and almost interactive display in-game. Imagine walking down the hallway of one of the space ports. As you walk by this display, the layered elements shift, causing a parallax effect... all while grand music plays and a voice encourages you to enlist! In other words, futuristic digital signage.
Thanks to Captain Richard for the VO.

You can view my full entry on Spectrum here.
Wow you have some serious design skills :) This is really nice posters !!

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I got an update for custom prints from Displate! @mr-hasgaha

$22 for a medium Displate sounds like a kick-ass deal to me.
Though the poster is 2201 x 3400, so I'm not sure how it will turn out on a medium being a bit shy of the recommended file specs.
But for $22 why not! 🤘

Thank you for contacting us.

We kindly inform you that customs Displates do not go through a technical verification and therefore, there are not requirements specified for such uploads.

However, as we would like your custom Displate to be looking as good as possible, please find below our technical requirements referred to regular uploads on our website:

• High print-quality
• Shortest side at least 2900px
• Minimum 300DPI in RGB mode. JPG size up to 30MB
• 1.4:1 ratio for the best product fit (ex. 4060px x 2900px)
• No logos, no watermarks, no borders
• Text/content shall be from the edge at least 200px for the file with min.size 4060px x 2900px
• The whole content of the design must be included in one uploaded file
• No multiple uploads of the same image with slightly changed colour palette or tiny detail

Last edited:

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
I got an update for custom prints from Displate! @mr-hasgaha

$22 for a medium Displate sounds like a kick-ass deal to me.
Though the poster is 2201 x 3400, so I'm not sure how it will turn out on a medium being a bit shy of the recommended file specs.
But for $22 why not! 🤘
Let me know the exact specs for the size you're choosing to print at and I can tweak the file to match

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Let me know the exact specs for the size you're choosing to print at and I can tweak the file to match
Thank you!
Medium
if possible
300 PPI
1.4:1 ratio 2900px x 4060px (I think some of that is the wrap-around according to what they replied about min 200px from edges for text)

Last edited:
Forgot your password?