New Origin ship? Explorer?

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Yeah its hard to even speculate about what it is as it seems pretty similar to the 890 deck IMO. Large explorer? Carrier? Cargo? I dont see them creating such a large industrial ship, as Industry doesnt seem to be origins thing. Hospital ship would be odd. Doubt it would be a prison ship. If it is an explorer, I wonder how different it would be from the 890.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Yeah its hard to even speculate about what it is as it seems pretty similar to the 890 deck IMO. Large explorer? Carrier? Cargo? I dont see them creating such a large industrial ship, as Industry doesnt seem to be origins thing. Hospital ship would be odd. Doubt it would be a prison ship. If it is an explorer, I wonder how different it would be from the 890.
No clue but if this is the bridge then I imagine its a large ship. I also don't see them creating an industrial ship but maybe info running or C&C?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I was actually thinking the same thing and thought, maybe I should call my gray market guy and pick up another 600i Explorer just in case... the last one grew into a Polaris :D
I still have my 600 touring which I still take out for a spin as its such a beautiful ship from the pilot seat and looking at it on the outside. I just don't bother going anywhere else but from the lift to the bridge.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
This is a screen shot from the 890m. As you can see, it matches the picture in the email pretty closely. So, maybe it's an update to the 890? An opportunity for people to get an LTI 890? For more money of course (the 890 expedition)

We will see
We will indeed and who knows if the picture goes along with the caption or if it's just another tease to throw us a misdirection.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
We will indeed and who knows if the picture goes along with the caption or if it's just another tease to throw us a misdirection.
The 600i really does need a rework i loved the concept of it but the delivery was garbage... Way to small no space for anything and it was more expensive on release than the carrack was which beat it in every category. the only thing you got for it was a few extra plants....

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Maybe the 350R will be revised to give it a bit of its Zonda feel back? At the moment it's very Honda. No offence to Honda, you're family cars are great but the 350R 'aint no family car and Andreas Lang would be most displeased to see what his ultimate tribute to speed and performance evolveed in to. No offense to the 300 series designers the ship as it is is great, but the old model looked like it was going 1000m/s sat on the pad waiting for you to get in it. The new one doesn't have that visual aspect of power, aggression etc.

Watch it be the 200 series "Observation Ship" which is in lore as designed by Andreas's brother Otto. If it is, I'd expect it to have a very different feel and marked differences in its appearance which are Ottos style just as much as the 300 series will have some aspects specific to just Andreas.

Oh, and implementation of an #Anti-G rather than crappy old G-Safe would be nice. Whats the point in having all that performance if you can't use it and remain conscious. G-safe nerfs the ship to your ability to not pass out, which is crap because you may as well not have that performance in the first place. Anti-G would apply science to the problem and put forces in the opposite direction to the G's are pulling wither with intertia dampening or with an artificial gravity rig built around the pilot seat. Thats why the 300 series would be so good for it, it's almost tailor designed for it with the cockpit being in the body of the ship where a rig can be built around it and the forces distributed into the frame of the ship rather than others like the Sabre etc where a rig would have to be bolted around the cockpit then would probably pull the ship inside-out when you pulled your first maneuver.

EDIT - ICC.... There was the ICC probe, are they that bunch of map-makers Tessa Bannister threw in with?

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
This is a screen shot from the 890m. As you can see, it matches the picture in the email pretty closely. So, maybe it's an update to the 890? An opportunity for people to get an LTI 890? For more money of course (the 890 expedition)

We will see
Yep, that looks preatty clore to the actual 890j bridges, just as a concept art.
May be a 890j variant like the tourer/explorer for the 600i... but honestly I can't see a 890j as a pure explorer ship... too big for that...

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
If that screenshot is the hint I would guess a 890 retrofit version, maybe a medical or science version/combination of the 890 something along the lines of an Endeavor as this would make a great Origin fit imo and the game could use more science dedicated ships as we only really have one at the moment that isn't small like the Reliant Sen.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I have an LTI 890J in my buy backs, its the only ship I have never been interested unmeltimg, even less so since it went flyable.

Origin ships are......... terrible.
That's what I like about this game, the options, the styles, the personal preferences, I actually like Origin ships and while RSI was great in the beginning because it really had nothing to compare it to, I am finding that its become one of my least appealing ships lately.

Forgot your password?