RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
My first question is can I refuel a ship landed on the ground? I can imagine some of those Hard Flying pilots are going to run out of Go Juice while having their fun and I'll have to drop by with some Motion Milk to get them going again... so far it seems space-bound only?

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Hmm *looks at the Gemini covered in dust right at the back corner of the hangar*

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
My second question is can I refuel my own rig from the tanks on the back?

Looking at Quantum Fuel usage for the fastest drives if I want to beat the competition to a thirsty customer I might not be able to make a return trip to refill my tank if I can't draw some of the good stuff out of my own stores...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yes! Transfer fuel from one tank to another tank.
Good to know, I couldn't work out from the images if it was just between the storage tanks or if I could siphon to my own ship... Seems the Starfarer might just have become the longest range craft in the 'Verse even before gas mining and Quantum fuel refining have got into the game...?

Reactions: GPcustoms

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Cool mechanics on the horizon :like:
Another opportunity for player interaction?...Needed?...Could be a real asset for large org events that could loiter at an AO indefinitely........Or until the asset is found and neutralized:o7:

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Aunfox

Space Marshal
Feb 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Aunf0x
One thing I want to know is did they create a fuel port on every ship model? I am curious where a Khartu Al gets a fuel probe. Ships like the Vanduul and Misc Tanas are going to be real interesting.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Good to know, I couldn't work out from the images if it was just between the storage tanks or if I could siphon to my own ship... Seems the Starfarer might just have become the longest range craft in the 'Verse even before gas mining and Quantum fuel refining have got into the game...?
While you can transfer from one of the 6 pods into a pod that has the same fuel and room or is empty it is my understanding that this first introduction will not allow for the StarFarer to refuel itself from the fuel tanks it carries. (I still am not sure if you can jettison fuel or if the fuel scoop can fill up the pods either)

Also, it seems both ships will have their engine's power down during the refueling process.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
My fourth question is how many of a certain ship can a fully filled tank replenish with Hydro/Quantum? Hornets may have a different Q Drive but will have the same internal tanks. How many Hornets can I top up from empty to full with one tank of either fuel? Or 890j's? Or Catapillars?

Just curious to get a guage of how many trips back to the oasis I'd have to be making? If it's 15 hornets per tank that seems viable, that's wing support. If it's 3 hornets all together, it's not looking good...

Reactions: GPcustoms

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
My fourth question is how many of a certain ship can a fully filled tank replenish with Hydro/Quantum? Hornets may have a different Q Drive but will have the same internal tanks. How many Hornets can I top up from empty to full with one tank of either fuel? Or 890j's? Or Catapillars?

Just curious to get a guage of how many trips back to the oasis I'd have to be making? If it's 15 hornets per tank that seems viable, that's wing support. If it's 3 hornets all together, it's not looking good...
They used to say a squadron of Hornets operating over a few systems (in the Q&A), but that remains to be confirmed.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hmm *looks at the Gemini covered in dust right at the back corner of the hangar*
<Looks at sad Gemini sitting in far corner of hangar, for years...>
Their time is coming dudes, as long as we don't drop into a server with 50 Starfarer pilots all trying to sell the Giddyup Brew to each other we should be okay...

Be careful not to expect perfection right away, Tier Zero was pretty good for mining but it wasn't spot-on and as it has progressed it may have passed out of that sweet-spot for some players, too...

Mileage may vary, strap in for it is our turn to ride...

Forgot your password?