:(

Reactions: Talonsbane

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
This is a tradgedy sorry to hear this happened I'm not part of any pool yet as i havnt bought any equipment. How much did you lose if we dont ask? I'm trying to get into crypto but every exchange i try blocks me in one way or another(coinbase wont set up my account because im physically in japan even though i work on a u.s. military base. Mr. Exchange wont allow me to buy in because I have an american ID. And all other exchanges have their excuses... any suggestions guys? I dont want to go anywhere shady or with stupid high exchange rates and fees.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
any suggestions guys? I dont want to go anywhere shady or with stupid high exchange rates and fees
Check with the company that runs your 401K or with which you could run a 401K. Many of them have funds based on the more popular crypto currencies. I know Fidelity has investments in both Bitcoin and Ethereum.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Check with the company that runs your 401K or with which you could run a 401K. Many of them have funds based on the more popular crypto currencies. I know Fidelity has investments in both Bitcoin and Ethereum.
If they had investments that went into bitcoin then it would be an american company because im part of the U.S. Government. I get paid in USD and get taxed in america. It's a bit of BS that they wont let me buy in with an american bank but i'm still searching.....

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
If they had investments that went into bitcoin then it would be an american company because im part of the U.S. Government. I get paid in USD and get taxed in america. It's a bit of BS that they wont let me buy in with an american bank but i'm still searching.....
Have you tried blockchain.info?
You can send/receive both BTC and ETH and exchange through a partner back and forth from / to USD.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Have you tried blockchain.info?
You can send/receive both BTC and ETH and exchange through a partner back and forth from / to USD.
They were the first website i saw when i first started to look i didnt go back to them yet though to try them out. I also checked the cryptocurrency reddits today to see if they had any suggestions and so far they said i should try Bittrex and Quadriga. So now i have 3 exchanges i can look at to see if i can find anything. I plan to use paper wallets when i buy in as i have been told they are the safest out there.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Here is a completely off the wall idea lol. What if the U.S. Government (NSA) was the one behind all of these hacks to discourage the use of Bitcoin and make people lose faith in it so that the american people are forced to use the United States Dollar. They have already attacked crypto in several ways politically such as taxing all bitcoin to etherium transactions so on so forth. Not only would they gain control of the market and have the abiility to crash it at any given time. but they have a source of new revenue. Just food for thought.

Forgot your password?