No Man's Sky

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
Went from a game I had zero interest in to a game I am absolutely addicted to.

Anyone else digging the NEXT update? This is the best "play at your own pace and relax" game that I've played in a long time.

Says alot considering I don't generally go for crafting games. But this dang thing has a certain charm.

Still searching for that perfect planet to build a large base ...

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
I'm still unsure about it. The intro dragged a lot still, and i don't expect the rest of the game to be much better. On the other hand, it has multiplayer now, and some sort of capital ship/fleet mechanic that i'm still figuring out, and the base building is pretty neat, too. It's definitely a massive improvement over where the game was on release, though.
If you want someone to play with, feel free to message me on discord. :)

Reactions: Deroth and Zookajoe

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I wanted to buy it but something stopped me. Obi wan sat on my shoulder and said "BUTUZ this is to good to be true."

So I left it, and ….sorry......kinda laughed when it wall went wrong.

I am a once bitten twice shy kinda guy so once a woman treats me like shit, she won't get a second chance. That's no mans sky.

Mind you. Star Citizen isn't exactly treating me good..... but MY GOD SHE IS SEXY.

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
Greenmamgaming had the game on sale for an extra 10% off on top of 50% off.

$27 total and I've already received my. personal entertainment value (anything under $4/hour).

The only thing that has urked me thus far is the frigate I bought for a few mil that can't even succeed in a single expedition without sustaining critical damage. lol

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
I have played it before, started up a new guy and a couple of hours into it, I have hit a bug where it keeps asking you to fuel your hyperdrive, but does not acknowledge that you have fueled your hyperdrive. So, cannot leave the system I am currently in. It is part of the main quest, so cannot progress on it any further either.

This I would accept from an Alpha or Beta, but not on a released game.

Most annoying.

Reactions: Bambooza

Frad in'Ryth

Vice Admiral
May 25, 2017
RSI Handle
FradinRyth
I wanted to buy it but something stopped me. Obi wan sat on my shoulder and said "BUTUZ this is to good to be true."

So I left it, and ….sorry......kinda laughed when it wall went wrong.

I am a once bitten twice shy kinda guy so once a woman treats me like shit, she won't get a second chance. That's no mans sky.

Mind you. Star Citizen isn't exactly treating me good..... but MY GOD SHE IS SEXY.
I did the same thing just sans Obi wan. I was getting excited for it and then I watched a couple of interviews Sean Murray gave and for being 6 months from launch he gave a hell of a lot of "We we'd like to..." "Our goal is..." type of answers. That put up a huge red flag for me and wasn't at all surprised when the initial launch was a let down.
I'm not saying he needed to be a consummate over seller cough Chris Roberts /cough but when you're a few months out from a firm release date you'd better be further along than likes and goals and solidly into the realm of this mechanic works X and that mechanic works Y with your answers in an interview.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I am still feeling burnt on this game from its pre order and so refused to touch it.
We should start a subreddit about it, then post every day about how terrible it is.

Also make lots of videos, hours of nothing but REEEEEEEEE! We should go on and on for months, maybe years, telling everybody how bad NMS is. When people question us, we will call them a cult and white knights because they are stupid and don't understand what a scam the game is.

Also, consider starting a blog and writing 7000 word essays every other week about how NMS is the worst thing to happen in your life.

Interested?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
After all a man's got to do what a man's got to do.

A testie does what a testie must do.

Edit.

I've been informed that while the majority of drinking beer and shit posting is indeed done by men, its not limited to men and I should be more inclusive. So in the spirit of equality the above phrase has been updated.

Reactions: Sraika and Deroth

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I was one of the folks who preordered and never refunded. While I'm pissed that it took so long to get here, NMS is finally the game that I pre-ordered. I have been having a blast with it. Screw the storyline, just build a massive fleet and become a pirate lord....duh. Also, screw the Gek. The Vy'Keen are who you wanna roll with if you wanna get yah dick wet.

Reactions: Sraika and Bambooza

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
So after reading this thread and seeing everyone is hyped about the latest update to no mans sky I decided give it another chance. I have to say its interesting given the limited inventory the amount of crafting mats required to do anything and spawning on a highly radioactive planet as the starting place.

Reactions: Sraika

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
I just want my gawd dang Class S multi-tool and ship ...

Actually saw an Exotic Class S ship but couldn't afford it at the time. It was a beauty though ...

Reactions: Sraika

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
Got Two S Class ships this morning, including this wonderful exotic.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, its the squid ship. woot!

Reactions: Shadowscout
Forgot your password?