Now I know what I'll be playing until the release of SQ42

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
What needed to be redone that they needed a 2.0 version?
Nothing needed to be redone, it's not like it was broken. My take at the moment (just speculation) is that they are leveraging some of the high end changes in the new Unity engine. I've used some of that for my own simulation projects, so I mean it has a lot of potential.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
You want to play KSP2 until 2022?

KSP is more or less the present and past space project
KSP2 more close future
Also what August and Scott Manley said :)
I think I read multiplayer
Interstellar travel
Bases

I just hope they don't fuck it up, support the modding community and don't do stupid marketing decisions to leverage on the project.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
You want to play KSP2 until 2022?

KSP is more or less the present and past space project
KSP2 more close future
Also what August and Scott Manley said :)
I think I read multiplayer
Interstellar travel
Bases

I just hope they don't fuck it up, support the modding community and don't do stupid marketing decisions to leverage on the project.
Yes, In fact, I still play KSP but the aspect of multiplayer and upgraded graphics makes it seem like it will easily live for years after its release in 2020.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Yes, In fact, I still play KSP but the aspect of multiplayer and upgraded graphics makes it seem like it will easily live for years after its release in 2020.
I still play KSP too also my overall fascination has slowed down after 500+ hours.
Graphics: i remain sceptical until we see real game footage and not a nice "blender" video

(also it was a joke that SQ42 won't happen before 2022)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza

WaterShield

Space Marshal
Oct 16, 2015
RSI Handle
WaterShield
Due to you bringing this to my attention, I have been playing a ton of KSP1 again.

I am very excite that I completed my very first legitimate landing and return from Minmus (no mods / no infinite fuel cheat)

...Keep in mind this is with throwing things together that look like it they can maybe work and are taped together with struts and prayer.

Now to attempt Duna o.o

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Ya KSP is one of those games you never really delete from your computer.

Not sure I can go back to no mods as MechJeb makes maneuver planning so much easier especially when parking fuel packs in space to allow for Kerbal missions beyond Duna.

Then again I do enjoy doing a Hahmann Transfer directly from launch instead of establishing a low circular orbit when going to Mun or Minmus which MechJeb doesn't do well.

WaterShield

Space Marshal
Oct 16, 2015
RSI Handle
WaterShield
Planning? I just throw together (this is bigger rocket with more pieces), and then go for it creating maneuvers along the way for burns as I come to them. I'm currently on Duna's surface using this method ^.^

I have no idea if I have enough fuel to make it back though XD

Forgot your password?