Nyx system

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I gotta watch this video soon. So many amazing screenshots. And I hear they talk about refueling!

Also, someone on Spectrum asked about adding a shield to the Starfarer and a dev responded!!!

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I gotta watch this video soon. So many amazing screenshots. And I hear they talk about refueling!

Also, someone on Spectrum asked about adding a shield to the Starfarer and a dev responded!!!
They did and they said it's working just like the ship-to-ship docking so it should progress fast.

Today's Star Citizen Live was also a must-watch as they talk about physicalized cargo and hangers.

It's going to suck to hand load/unload the caterpillar with that small elevator unless you have friends then you can load from the cargo doors smaller boxes.

Either way, I do not imagine I will be filling up the Hercules c2 for cargo runs until NPC and drone options become available.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
It's going to suck to hand load/unload the caterpillar with that small elevator unless you have friends then you can load from the cargo doors smaller boxes
I belive the tractor beam attachment works on the big SCU boxes so can't you throw them in from the ground and then reposition once inside?

Or are they planning a "snap to grid" system once they're inside the cargo grid?

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I belive the tractor beam attachment works on the big SCU boxes so can't you throw them in from the ground and then reposition once inside?

Or are they planning a "snap to grid" system once they're inside the cargo grid?
Nope, Multitool attchment does not work on bigger (1 SCU) crate, only on the hand carryable ones.
I suspect that is the reason for the dedicated FPS tractorbeam tool.

It was a very interesing SCL video with LOTS of insight on the near future gameplay implementation and a sneakpick on the long term plan that are finally gettting more defined.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Nope, Multitool attchment does not work on bigger (1 SCU) crate, only on the hand carryable ones.
I suspect that is the reason for the dedicated FPS tractorbeam tool.
That is a bit wierd as I thought they showcased that in a dev build. But I suppose that does make a reason for the bigger one. I was hoping the bigger one could lift small vehicles, at least a bike.

Did they ever comment on multiple beams lifting above its' weight class? Thought I remembered some video about it.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
That is a bit wierd as I thought they showcased that in a dev build. But I suppose that does make a reason for the bigger one. I was hoping the bigger one could lift small vehicles, at least a bike.

Did they ever comment on multiple beams lifting above its' weight class? Thought I remembered some video about it.
They talked about the possibility last year but not sure if it was implemented. But still even being able to move 1 SCU box and throw it up on the ramp is going to take ages to move 576 boxes then go up topside and stack them. They did talk about the minimal snap to grid so I imagine that will be in place.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
View: https://youtu.be/JG72bOdPF-A?t=595

Looking at these pictures if no one told you they were in a video game one could easily mistake them for Nasa probe data.

View attachment 21136

Scientists Discover Evidence of Mega Tsunamis on Mars

Nope that last one was a real picture of Mars.
Looks great! Unfortunately, by the time we get it in game, we'll have atmoshperic effects, cloud effects, weather effects (as well as STRUTS!) obstructing the wonderful view. That, or you'll have to whip out your Mobi-glass for something, and completely hide the cool art!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
But still even being able to move 1 SCU box and throw it up on the ramp is going to take ages to move 576 boxes then go up topside and stack them.
I'm wondering if they'll do bigger carts for the 1 SCU boxes kinda like the small boxes should be stackable on the current carts. Maybe having a friend load up the cart, someone to push the cart, and people at the top to unload from cart. Although that'd require being able to put boxes into bigger collective cubes and move the larger cube at once.

I'm sure they'll figure some way to do it that isn't just one box at a time because that's boring as hell to do in some of the bigger hauling ships. Imagine putting 1SCU at a time into a cargo container and then doing it a thousand times to load up a Hull. There's a reason modern age shipping is done with thousands of people loading and unloading trucks. It's a massive industry.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
So, it seems that after all the griping that people (critics) have done about SC still working on their 1st system, there's a pair of systems that are well on their way to being closer to ready once the technical limitations can be overcome. Hmmm, I'm fine with this & it makes me smile to see things advancing like they are in this aspect of the game.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I'm wondering if they'll do bigger carts for the 1 SCU boxes kinda like the small boxes should be stackable on the current carts. Maybe having a friend load up the cart, someone to push the cart, and people at the top to unload from cart. Although that'd require being able to put boxes into bigger collective cubes and move the larger cube at once.

I'm sure they'll figure some way to do it that isn't just one box at a time because that's boring as hell to do in some of the bigger hauling ships. Imagine putting 1SCU at a time into a cargo container and then doing it a thousand times to load up a Hull. There's a reason modern age shipping is done with thousands of people loading and unloading trucks. It's a massive industry.
Well they mentioned thare will be more larger container and there ware concept for a grav-handle that attach to the container directly to "drive" it with an anti-grav system... that ofc won't cmae at the first interaction of the cargo rework soooo.... we'll have a lots of peole in TEST...

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

Well they mentioned thare will be more larger container and there ware concept for a grav-handle that attach to the container directly to "drive" it with an anti-grav system... that ofc won't cmae at the first interaction of the cargo rework soooo.... we'll have a lots of peole in TEST...
Yep in future releases, they are going to have other ways of moving around boxes as well as larger boxes and the ability to hire AI to load and unload. Also, I believe the Caterpillar modules are supposed to have the door open and turn into an elevator. Not sure if it's still the intent but my comment was not on the future iteration but on the near future cargo modification and how it's going to impact the larger cargo ships until other aspects of cargo handling come online. Like the ARGO SRV which should help move around those very large cargo containers for the Hull C, D & E

Drake Interplanetary Caterpillar revealed - Page 15 - Drake - Star Citizen  Base

Another ship that will suffer from trying to move around cargo is the 600i touring which only has a very small lift to get in and out of the ship which I don't think is big enough for a 1 SCU box. All the other ships with room for cargo seem to have ramps or large cargo lifts.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Oh in the short term do expect a flod of tears from the owner of those ships, rest assure of it.
Cat is still planned to have door/lift combo, they had bee hold back do to a tecnical limitation on performance, I suspect CIG is whaiting to work on the golden standard for the Cat to implement them
The 600i is already planned to have a full rework, and I very likely expect that to address some on this issue, when that will happen is the real questions...

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Space whale inner thought: "Hmm. If those pesky humans want my crusty barnacles, I'll just let 'em have them."
Translation of that long grumble it made: "Just watch where the hell you shoot that laser you tiny little asshole, or I'll dump you off right here"
Makes me think of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The falling whales that turned into a potted plant that thought, "Oh no, not again" while they were falling.

Forgot your password?