Piracy Piracy Division/Squadron Organization Brainstorm

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
Don't forget the Starfarer Gemini! Always need fuel :) Need a juicy bait ship like an Orion. Should be able to fit a good number of those ships behind it's signature. Maybe a Polaris just for fun.
Oh, true! I have already an Orion as well!!!! editing...

The Gemini is interesting, but I think I will let a mate own one instead... or if I have to, obtain it in-game.

Ryonin Shonin

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
RyoninShonin
Oh, true! I have already an Orion as well!!!! editing...

The Gemini is interesting, but I think I will let a mate own one instead... or if I have to, obtain it in-game.
My bad, did not know you were talking about your personal fleet :) I would be glad to lend my Gemini or any other ship in my fleet to Piracy related activities ;) It would be EPIC if the landing gear on ships could be magnetic so you could lock onto another ship. Similar to the Millennium Falcon landing on the Star Destroyer to hide. Orion's rotating ore storage with half a dozen Ares parked on the structure lol. One Capital sized beam laser, and a bunch of baby lasers haha.

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
Don't forget the Starfarer Gemini! Always need fuel :) Need a juicy bait ship like an Orion. Should be able to fit a good number of those ships behind it's signature. Maybe a Polaris just for fun.
The Gemini is interesting :)

My bad, did not know you were talking about your personal fleet :) I would be glad to lend my Gemini or any other ship in my fleet to Piracy related activities ;) It would be EPIC if the landing gear on ships could be magnetic so you could lock onto another ship. Similar to the Millennium Falcon landing on the Star Destroyer to hide. Orion's rotating ore storage with half a dozen Ares parked on the structure lol. One Capital sized beam laser, and a bunch of baby lasers haha.
^^

That would be really EPIC!!!!!!

Looking forward to it, lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
Holy hell thats quite a fleet.

I decided to pass on the Ares but instead upgraded my Buccaneer to a Mantis. Might not be (nearly) as good in a fight, but that Quantum Interdiction is going to be too useful.

And even if I suck at flying, at least I can be useful and suck!
Thanks, ^^ madness, you know!

Mantis is a must for piracy and PvP!

I am neither a good fighter pilot, haha, but I can always park myself in a capital ship as part of the furniture, hahahaha

(I really have played a ton of simulators, but many years ago and not in a competitive level. Probably much better than the minimum required VS standard NPCs, but I doubt I would be any type of rival for a good human pilot)

Reactions: Blind Owl

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I think you're all forgetting the most important ship to bring along on a cargo assault...the MISC Endeavor!

Now I know what you're thinking: "That's a nerd ship!"

But hear me out. It has many functions and layouts that can assist in piracy.

Hangar+Medical:
Most military functions will bring along this version to get people back in the fight. The medical to heal/respawn people and the hangar to hold a few ships for getting people back in the action. But for piracy it has a couple added abilities.
The medical module not only respawns our own pirates, but allows us to heal any injuries sustained by our targets, allowing us an easier time to extort credits/ransoms from them. If they die, we can't get additional money from them.
The hangar module can keep a few spare ships, possibly even an MPUV Cargo/Personnel. To transfer people for ship boarding and to transfer cargo we've taken. Not to mention, the Endeavor Q&A has stated that the front ship can hold 500 SCU, but the hangar can hold 4500 SCU by only using HALF the space!

Crew+Medical:
All the benefits of the medical, but this one allows additional crew to stay. Now, there should be enough space to hold all our crew so the Crew Module could be used to hold prisoners. Keep them in the bunk until they pay a ransom, then we drop them off somewhere. Or you never know if black market organ harvesting will be a thing!

Supercolider:
This one isn't really for taking out pirating, but every single division of TEST will require someone to improve systems and components. And we've been told there may be a system in place to punish lawful players that interact or trade with unlawful. Better to have your own researcher than to tarnish a well behaved TEST player!

There are a few other combinations but none that really work well together. You could use the fuel pods for longer runs, but I doubt the other ships in the fleet could stay out that long. The biodome would be an interesting one. Possibly using its clear glass dome as a sort of viewing stage for the encounter. The other obvious option is if we can grow our own drugs. The sciency ones could be used just like the lawful counterpart, finding new jump points or other interests, I'm sure pirates would enjoy those as well!

Forgot your password?