Pre-Alpha Testers and Development Partners Wanted - Apply Now!

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Hello guys. So, I am in a very good state with my new MMO-Droid Survival game, and I'm pretty confident I will have the first pre-alfa release out by mid-August, if not earlier.

I am currently looking for the following people:

Concept Artist - 1 person to handle concepting of game assets and if possible level design
Level Designer - 1 person
Network programmer - 1 person proficient in C++ and preferably with a knowledge of UE4

Pre-Alpha testers - 5 people. Will get earlier access than anyone else and do in-game bug tracking and provide ideas for improvement and new implementations.

The game will enter crowd funding when we have reached a presentable state.

For those interested, please message me here, or e-mail me at [email protected] for enquiries and applications. You may also find me on TS and ask me for any information you need.

Reactions: SeungRyul

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
I am interested as Alpha TESTer :D Get it? Hahahahaha....hahah....

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
This is interesting to me. I used to be pretty good at C++, but haven't really programmed in almost a decade. If you find someone that knows what they are doing, I wouldn't mind tagging along to get my chops back if that's not a distraction.

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
Granted I have no idea what an MMO-Droid survival game will entail, I would be very interested in level design.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Granted I have no idea what an MMO-Droid survival game will entail, I would be very interested in level design.
Level design entails assisting with programming of the procedural generation for the map, as well as building and asset placement that will support the game mechanics and provide the best feasible immersion for the end user.

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
Level design entails assisting with programming of the procedural generation for the map, as well as building and asset placement that will support the game mechanics and provide the best feasible immersion for the end user.
Ok so three things:

One: I thought I knew what level design was but I didn't know it required coding which I have no idea how to do.

Two: My confusion was not about level design but about "MMO-Droid Survival". Can you explain your concept?

Three: I could be an Alpha tester now that I know I don't know how to level design.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Ok so three things:

One: I thought I knew what level design was but I didn't know it required coding which I have no idea how to do.
If you notice, I said assisting with the programming of the procedural generation... I should be more clear. Since the end product will provide procedurally generated levels, you need to work with the game programmer so that a system is created that will procedurally generate levels that are playable with good design.

Two: My confusion was not about level design but about "MMO-Droid Survival". Can you explain your concept?
Basically the game is a multiplayer survival game, like Day Z, Rust or take your pick. However gameplay will not take place in forests, but in abandoned futuristic cities after a cataclysmic event, in a post-apocalyptic environment. Playable characters will be androids instead of humans. The androids are the only surviving sentient "life" forms (if you could call them that) remaining on the planet. Gameplay entails resource gathering, fabrication of generators, tools, weapons, body parts and armor, PvP and PvE.

Three: I could be an Alpha tester now that I know I don't know how to level design.
Read above and you tell me :)

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
Basically the game is a multiplayer survival game, like Day Z, Rust or take your pick. However gameplay will not take place in forests, but in abandoned futuristic cities after a cataclysmic event, in a post-apocalyptic environment. Playable characters will be androids instead of humans. The androids are the only surviving sentient "life" forms (if you could call them that) remaining on the planet. Gameplay entails resource gathering, fabrication of generators, tools, weapons, body parts and armor, PvP and PvE.
That is most certainly interesting and I look forward to the finished product!

Read above and you tell me :)
Ok. I think Tester it is for now if you're ok with it.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Are you going to make it so players can't name their characters R2-D2, C3PO, or Data? Because if you don't, 4 out of 10 robots are going to be one of those.

Reactions: Krystal LeChuck

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Are you going to make it so players can't name their characters R2-D2, C3PO, or Data? Because if you don't, 4 out of 10 robots are going to be one of those.
Those are going to be prohibited names

Forgot your password?