PS5 Reveal

Szioul

Space Marshal
Oct 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Szioul
Watching now; GT apart, feeling a little underwhelmed... Maybe Spidey. Ghostwire has potential maybe.. .

Edit: And Hitman.
Hitman should be coming to PC as well though.
Other than Gran Turismo, nothing there seemed like something I'd buy a PS5 for. And even then, I've been more than satisfied with the Forzas on PC, so don't really need to.

Last edited:

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Being able to use the Xbox Elite 2 controller on PC, I don't see a reason to buy a new Xbox or PS console these days.
The sizes of what you get for the price with the freedom, for PCs, Consoles just can't compare.
The only thing is the drawback of console-only games, but typically backward compatible so my old Xbox One will still work for a while.

I miss my PS2 days, playing Zone of Enders and Tekken with friends.
And before then my N64 days with Turok and Goldeneye with friends.
And before that my Sega Genesis days taking turns trying to beat Spot.
And before then my SNES days,
and before that my NES days playing Zelda with my best friend at the time, he was mapping all the dungeons.
and before that my 386dx and 286 days playing Star Wars, Doom, and Quest for Glory.

Consoles are great, but... yea PS5... they did the controller right

But the console
AMD Zen 2-based CPU with 8 cores at 3.5GHz
16GB GDDR6
GPU: Custom RDNA 2
825GB SSD

Just another next-gen console... it's not a Nintendo 3D googles decades early taking a bold new step.
Nothing new and bold with the console, except the memes are great.
A platform-specific PC, nothing bold and new afaik.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Well, that looks underwhelming.
I usually felt an urge to buy a PS for the exclusives with the previous ones, but not this time.
When it camedown to opening my wallet, when I boiled it all down, the only game that I really wanted to play was Bloodborne, and a single title was just not worth it.
This time it's Demon Souls remake. I really hope they release it on PC later. ( My xbox controllers are hoping that they don't, as they already know my wrath lol)

so, onto the games that I care about at least a little bit:

GT is the same old same old (the real driving sim, hahahah yeah right..) , but I swear the previous ones looked better. This raytracing+pbr shading is just not good enough yet. It feels weird. Also, still no sense of speed, as it's customary with console "sim" racers, cos the image is only puddle deep. wrong fov, not enough view distance, everything more than 50 feet away is blocked by a corner or trees or a hump in the road, so the system can handle the load. Same as Forza. I love Forza on the PC but it has the same issues.

Previous Spidey looked cool, next ones gonna be alright as well I imagine. Would play, but I'm not a fan of Spidy to spend money on it.

Hitman 3... I vaguely remember the utter trash that was the New Hitmans. Absolution was admittedly console garbage. What a dissapointing cash grab after the awesomeness of Blood Money. Then the re-restart came with HITMAN. I used to love those games for the story, mystery, exotic locations and context, all of that was torn away for a boring fake sandbox where you either followed the exact instructions the preset "opportunities" gave you, or you were fucked. I own Hitman2 as well thanks to HB, but as it's literally just a map-pack, I couldn't be bothered to play it. I bet the 3rd one is the same. New maps, maybe some new items to play with and that's it. No story, no substance.
And they are presenting that as a selling point? Especially with it most certainly coming to PC and XBox as well, it's a joke.

Ghostwire looks interesting. I think it will be one of the more talked about/streamed exclusives, unless they try to ban streamers making money from it...

Gothic Remake is in the works for the PS5 I think, I hope that comes to PC. Absolutely loved that game.

Godfall looks like a fun time, alhtough a bit rough on the animations. Would play on PC for the right price and with the right people maybe, but certainly wouldn't buy a PS5 for it.

Horizon ZD 2, meh...

Oddworld: remaster... Meh.

Project Athia looks like a tech demo. Probably not much substance, but looks really nice I have to admit.

Sackboy looks cute, but if I want that, I go to the masters of cute jumpy games! I might pickup a Nintendo for the kid in a few years for that. Or I'll just boot up Oscar at the movies on my retropii.

The rest is either walking sims, old games, or just generic games that don't even look good enough to warrant any interest from me.
Sorry Sony, but this was piss poor performance compared to the PS3 and 4.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The games displayed seemed ok, the console itself looks alright, but based on its hardware, I suspect that much like the next Xbox, it'll be quite expensive. In all fairness, I'd rather spend cash on a new ship or two, then the rest on drinks for friends while hanging out at a BarCitizen event. Cheers!

Starscribe

Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
Hitman should be coming to PC as well though.
Other than Gran Turismo, nothing there seemed like something I'd buy a PS5 for. And even then, I've been more than satisfied with the Forzas on PC, so don't really need to.
I agree. That's why I don't have the current XBox. Nothing I have to play I can't play elsewhere. But I always get the latest Nintendo. They may only have five games I want to play (Mario World/Karts, Zelda(s)..) but I can't get them anywhere else.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Consoles are for peasants.

Change my mind!

Q: Why did the console cross the road?
A: To render the other side.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Consoles are for peasants.

Change my mind!

Q: Why did the console cross the road?
A: To render the other side.
Some consoles are for many peasants. I've had many times in my life when I was lucky to have an old school Game Boy to help pass the time because I couldn't afford better & only had the original Pokemon Red as well as Tetris. Thankfully my gaming outlet has improved since then & I can periodically enjoy SC. (When the servers are stable enough to allow on my 5 year old PC.)

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
I like it. I play most games on pc but some are nice to play on the couch with my gf.
Also exlusives on PS4 were pretty goddamn good.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?