PSA - Official CIG 3.6 Feedback threads and survey

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Just as a side note, I hope they fix the fuel consumption on the 300i. Currently it's using up hydrogen fuel for everything, even while quantum travelling!!! and I keep almost running out of fuel. That's just silly. While going from Wala to Port O, I had to stop along the way for Hydrogen Fuel! Not for quantum fuel though, I had a full tank left! Barely made it to RnR1-Arc with 27% h fuel left. Wtf?
Having to refuel "regular fuel" after every single trip, even short ones, is annoying and costs a lot!
You can just claim the ship too,. It's a PITA for sure, but doesn't cost anything if you have the time. Small ships are unlikely to be very good at collecting fuel though, so plan your trip around the rest stops is a darn good idea. I have a Freelancer DUR, that seems to be able to collect fuel in some areas, but not others. (might have been because of damage. See next paragraph.) The Cutlass seems to be able to collect fuel - but I think it's game mechanics are not complete. Everything I have that's smaller than these two seems to need the rest stops - and I haven't tried many of the larger ships.

I think but it's just empirical evidence, that this is just an alpha trial that needs as much adjustment and fine tuning as hover mode has, and both fuel collection and fuel consumption are just to work out the mechanics. Just like being stopped by a hurd of police... then 18 meters further on getting stopped by a hurd of criminals.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
You can just claim the ship too,. It's a PITA for sure, but doesn't cost anything if you have the time. Small ships are unlikely to be very good at collecting fuel though, so plan your trip around the rest stops is a darn good idea. I have a Freelancer DUR, that seems to be able to collect fuel in some areas, but not others. (might have been because of damage. See next paragraph.) The Cutlass seems to be able to collect fuel - but I think it's game mechanics are not complete. Everything I have that's smaller than these two seems to need the rest stops - and I haven't tried many of the larger ships.

I think but it's just empirical evidence, that this is just an alpha trial that needs as much adjustment and fine tuning as hover mode has, and both fuel collection and fuel consumption are just to work out the mechanics. Just like being stopped by a hurd of police... then 18 meters further on getting stopped by a hurd of criminals.
To be honest, I don't mind the rest stop mechanic and limited fuel, it just seems weird that my maneuvering fuel gets drained while doing quantum jumps. Burning through h fuel in atmospehe at an alarmingly high rate with something as aerodynamic as it can get (300i is pretty much aeroplane shaped after all) is just a bit annoying but way more acceptable to me.
Ofc all this needs a lot of trial and error from the devs to get right, so I'm not really hung up on it, it just makes running missions rather tedious. That single delivery run from Wala to near Crusader took nearly 1.5 hours with having to stop for fuel twice, although the second stop was because the qt jump obstruction bug.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?