PSA - Official CIG 3.6 Feedback threads and survey

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
So, as per usual, CIG is asking for feedback, and the usual weirdo's are filling the bandwidth with the usual "this sucks" type of comments.

It would probably be helpful if normal people, err, I mean, folks like you and me actually provide constructive comments based on actual gameplay experience, lol.

The link has a survey at the top, and then the links to the different threads. Give the game a go, and then give CIG some feedback!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
lol

First comment: "let's face it : 3.6 is terrible. "

There is no point in engaging in any kind of debate.

These are people that are frustrated, they are angry, let them vent.

Over the years we have seen this cycle play out each and every patch.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
The more I use the new flight model, the better I like it compared with the old kindergarten flight model. At least conceptually. It has some bugs, I'm likely to get stuck in VTOL mode more often than not, and some of my ships have view restrictions that make it difficult to tell what you're flying over. That's going to cost a lot, for users doing trade or mining until we have a easily accessible "view down".

Yesterday, I literally flew up to 100,000 meters above Hurston, into orbit basically, before the mode switched. We have no control of it at all, that I've found. Over a certain point, I had no forward or reverse capability at all, just up and down, at 30 m/s. So no it's not perfect, not even close but I like where it's going if they can fix the bugs.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Always those pessimistic people, if it is so terrible, why don't you quit playing and wait until it is "up to your standards", that leaves more fun time for the people that really enjoy this "still not optimal" gameplay. I'm playing SC since February 2016. Sometimes better, sometimes worse, but hey, learn to adapt, if it is bad, then it only can become better (most of the time 😁 )

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
lol

There is no point in engaging in any kind of debate.

These are people that are frustrated, they are angry, let them vent.

Over the years we have seen this cycle play out each and every patch.
Hey, if you wanted "reasoned debate", go to reddit! ha ha

I just want the dev's to get appropriate *feedback* , not engage in any sort of debate. Obviously with idiots like that, how can you debate them, when they use such sweeping generalizations?

It would just be nice if people related their experiences, both good and bad, and talked about impact on gameplay, so the dev's can priroritize some fixes for the next three months...fixes that will make the game more enjoyable.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
The more I use the new flight model, the better I like it compared with the old kindergarten flight model. At least conceptually. It has some bugs, I'm likely to get stuck in VTOL mode more often than not, and some of my ships have view restrictions that make it difficult to tell what you're flying over. That's going to cost a lot, for users doing trade or mining until we have a easily accessible "view down".

Yesterday, I literally flew up to 100,000 meters above Hurston, into orbit basically, before the mode switched. We have no control of it at all, that I've found. Over a certain point, I had no forward or reverse capability at all, just up and down, at 30 m/s. So no it's not perfect, not even close but I like where it's going if they can fix the bugs.
I forgot where I got this from...this has worked in my VTOL ships, though i don't know if it is documented anywhere:

To get out of VTOL, dip your nose down & dive a bit & increase your speed, VTOL then disengages.

I can test it out some more later, to make sure that is what I really did.

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
3.6 has issues, no doubt, but we keep having to report those issues and give feedback other than "this suxxors"

Yes, I like the new flight system over the previous and yes I think VTOL needs work, I keep getting the cutty locked in it and I have to power strafe up to get the engines pointing forward? Weird. But I log it.

Also the AI pilots still need some work, the pips I find are jerking and stuttering all over the place, you practically have to fly gimbal assist with repeaters otherwise you can't hit anything. But again, logging it with videos, so the work continues.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I actually like the new hover mode. Not my fault people cant fly or land good.
I worked out how to circle strafe in hover mode before I worked out how to land. Roll a little to the side, angle down a little, yaw to the side a bit, tap space every so often and shower your target with white hot bolts of plasma energy. What more could you want from a weekend?

Ground-attack might end up being what I excel at rather than air/space combat which I suck at. Hug the scenery reaching your goal, circle strafe and drop something heavy/explody on them then bugger off back to the station for stories and drinks.

Last edited:

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I worked out how to circle strafe in hover mode before I worked out how to land. Roll a little to the side, angle down a little, yaw to the side a bit, tap space every so often and shower your target with white hot bolts of plasma energy. What more could you want from a weekend?

Ground-attack might end up being what I excel at rather than air/space combat which I suck at. Hug the scenery reaching your goal, circle strafe and drop something heavy/explody on them then bugger off back to the station for stories and drinks.
its like flying a helicopter..... which i practiced a LOT in GTA 4 and 5 online...

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
According to Spectrum every patch is the worst patch ever, and it's going to make everyone leave SC and no one will spend any more money... Blah, they are on pace to have the biggest year yet for funding.

Every patch will have bugs, just have to learn to live with them till then next patch, then live with those bugs ect... If you can't handle the bugs get out of the Alpha.

I don't hate hover mode have learned how to use it pretty easily just takes some practice like everything else, it's part of the fun of flying to you know fly.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I forgot where I got this from...this has worked in my VTOL ships, though i don't know if it is documented anywhere:

To get out of VTOL, dip your nose down & dive a bit & increase your speed, VTOL then disengages.

I can test it out some more later, to make sure that is what I really did.
hmm, that might work. I didn't try accelerating down, just up, which didn't do a thing. As soon as the ship realized it was in space, it fixed. It just took a while to get there.

I think CIG needs to look at their "Distance to vacuum". On Earth for example, it's around 100,000 Feet. That's 30,000 meters or thereabouts. It's not actual vacuum but it's close enough. 100,000 meters is a little high. It doesn't "turn off" suddenly either but whatever... as long as it applies to all players in all ships, I'm good.

Slo

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2015
RSI Handle
SLØ
I think all it needs to be "mostly" useful/better is a toggle to engage/disengage VTOL mode AND a toggle to control forward/reverse thrust. For landing anyway.

For strafing though I can't say.. I had too many beers by the time I got to that point and I crashed and burned.

It was glorious!

Forgot your password?