PSA - Sabre Raven will become a rarity now - redemption halted by CIG

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
For everyone's information, Raven code redemption is now halted by CIG to prevent the duplication of Raven (as explained here View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/tfrr7y/psa_sabre_raven_duplication_glitch/)

This is confirmed by SoftpointX, a known Raven code reseller : View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/tiahbd/wtb_sabre_raven_code/

So beware of ANY Raven sale now, as the Optane promotionnal code wont be redeemable anymore through the redemption page (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/intel-optane), so no more possible to get any new Raven now (well exept if you buy a whole account with it in hangar already).

Also there is a high chance CIG will remove those purchased through the dupe exploit, as Softpointx confirmed for himself.
So beware of game account sold with only a Raven, might be a duplicate.

Edit 13/04/22 : Raven redemption is active again.

Last edited:

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
@Montoya basically the code owner would just need to enter it on the buyer account (usually by having granted access to the account which is already crazy by itself), enter the code in the Sabre redeem page, choose product but not complete purchase (Raven is then listed for 200$ in the cart), log and load pledge store cart page to see if still in cart and finish purchase this time with 200$.

Or that code owner could also create a brand new account with just a Raven on it. And sell the account after.

Code is then usable again for another Raven purchase infinitly as long as you keep paying the 200$ and dont consume the code itself to get the Raven through the checkout process.

That would also explain why prices skyrocketed in the recent months for codes, over 1k$. Code sellers probably knew about the dupe exploit and sold valid codes to resellers that would use those codes themselves for the exploit.

Certainly the reason why we had so many "new" accounts sold with only Raven on them recently.

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Well they have a "new" redeem code page for something in the future.

Do you know if Raven code work there?
The format for those codes starts with INTEL- followed by a bunch of numbers and letters. Not compatible I guess here.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
Do you know if Raven code work there?
The format for those codes starts with INTEL- followed by a bunch of numbers and letters. Not compatible I guess here.
No clue, Never had a raven code. This is where I first heard about it.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Mmm no dont work on that Redeem Code page, a Raven code is made of INTEL-XXXXXXXXXX (10 digits of letters and numbers), tried with one old code, it does not fit at all.
Seems that redeem page is for a XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX format

So bye bye Raven 😔

I know some ppl with big Raven fleets who will be happy to have stocked up on them in the good days ^^ Too bad they arent giftable (@DirectorGunner 🙃).

Got a few myself last year thanks to 2 SSD codes as I found probably some of the last batches of Optane SSDs with the promotion. And one code from greymarket.

This is one of my 3 favorite ships (with arrow and hornet), one of the best for hard flying (with arrow) 😍

1648027115299.png

1648001418537.png

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I would have quite liked to find a Raven for a fair price for... reasons! 🙄 I never found one for anything remotely like a fair price, and I guess that's that now.

Congrats. But since they're non-giftable... why would you want more than one?!
Collector ;) But more seriously, when the game is live, with so many systems to travel, having a few duplicates of ships here and there will help.

Or, for small ships, you would spawn them all on a ship carrier (liberator, kraken, idris), when spawning the carrier itself.

My philosophy for ships bought with real cash is that I purchase only duplicates for those I'm using a lot for small medium/ships (less than a handfull altogether), in addition to other ships I usually have as single. I fell in love with my first Raven, and decided to get more, I'm also using the 2 SSDs I got. Wanted a 4th one from greymarket but code prices skyrocketed at the end of 2021.

The Raven is now one of the ship I fly the most since last year, for pvp or for hard flying. It is a deadly ship in good hands.
One of my planned setup for Kraken is also 3 raven + 3 sabre + 1 vulcan + 1 red/apollo (if apollo fit).

I do not think it will change much till release, so its a very good asset to have in hangar.

DirectorGunner has at least 6 of them iirc.

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
@Montoya basically the code owner would just need to enter it on the buyer account (usually by having granted access to the account which is already crazy by itself), enter the code in the Sabre redeem page, choose product but not complete purchase (Raven is then listed for 200$ in the cart), log and load pledge store cart page to see if still in cart and finish purchase this time with 200$.

Or that code owner could also create a brand new account with just a Raven on it. And sell the account after.

Code is then usable again for another Raven purchase infinitly as long as you keep paying the 200$ and dont consume the code itself to get the Raven through the checkout process.

That would also explain why prices skyrocketed in the recent months for codes, over 1k$. Code sellers probably knew about the dupe exploit and sold valid codes to resellers that would use those codes themselves for the exploit.

Certainly the reason why we had so many "new" accounts sold with only Raven on them recently.
That is an impressive exploit, I wonder if CIG will be rolling back the purchases, or if they even are able to trace which purchases were done this way?

Also, what is the $200 code for a Raven? I thought all the Ravens came from the Optane drive deal and were free.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
That is an impressive exploit, I wonder if CIG will be rolling back the purchases, or if they even are able to trace which purchases were done this way?
Dunno, but it is probably easy for them to trace the exploit. As for those duplicates you have to pay 200$ to buy it, unlike when using the code, because with the code the ship shows as being 200$ when adding the product in the cart on the Sabre redemption page (iirc for mines) but in the end you pay zero during the checkout phase.

Both (code or duplicate) generate a pledge ID, so I guess its not with the ID that you can tell which is which.

• o7

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Also, what is the $200 code for a Raven? I thought all the Ravens came from the Optane drive deal and were free.
That was a smart move by CIG to prevent ppl from buying the SSD and returning it after but using the code. On Intel conditions then for the promotion it was written Intel would refund only the SSD price minus 200$.

So the Raven had a "value" of 200 technically shown during redemption phase on the CIG optane redeem page but 0 in the end when checkout complete legitimately.

• o7

Technoccult

Commander
Mar 16, 2022
RSI Handle
Technoccult
Fair enough.

It is my thought that at some point down the road, another ship will be released that uses the same model. Or, after the game is Live it will be something that can be earned via reputation in the 'verse.

It's too cool of a ship to let it die out.
I'd be super-happy if the Sabre was shifted over to the Raven's model at some pint: it looks WAY more 'stealth fighter' than the current one.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Im curious to know how many hundreds of Sabers were created this way.
If there is a rollback there is also the issue with the cash paid to those resellers on greymarket.

If it was the reseller who paid 200$ for the raven, he will get refunded by CIG I guess, as refunds are usually done on the payment method used. The Raven will be removed from the buyer's account, but the money paid by the buyer to the reseller will be lost for the buyer.

On the bright side CIG might instead refund the buyer's account with store credit.

What's even more scummy is that I bet many buyers did not know they were buying duplicates.

Right now I would stay away of any account sold with just a Raven in hangar. Too risky.

If ppl starts crying soon on Spectrum, guess we will have the answer then about rollback ;)

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
It makes me wonder how did this exploit ever actually become a thing without somebody on the inside of CIG having set it up in the system 1st? I got my Raven from inside the box of my optane drive. That's the same way that I ended up with my Mustang Omega from purchasing an RX 285 when that initially came out in conjunction with the Never Settle In Space promotion with AMD. So this exploit of paying $200 to CIG while using some code gotten online somehow doesn't make any sense to me. Also, I thought that they'd stopped putting in the Raven cards in the optane drives a year or more ago. Shows what little I know.

Forgot your password?