Pseudo Night Vision in SC

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Do you hate the night side of moons/asteriod belts? Do you find it hard to see where you're going in these dark times? Well fear not fellow TEST members I have a solution for you! Its called cheating!. Ok, not really. Well maybe. Simply set your graphics card Brightness, Contrast and Gamma to new levels and BOOM, instant night vision capability as if you actually had the goggles yourself ingame.

My settings:

And when you're done, just select the "Other Applications Control Color Settings" radio button and everything goes back to normal. When you need night vision for SC again, choose "Use Nvidia Settings".

Now you can go to the drug lab on Yela at night in confidence.

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
FWIW, adjusting gamma is not cheating. nor is adjusting brightness and contrast.
But. In space, where the sun don't shine it's dark. How dark? REALLY dark.

What I don't get, is why we use an ASL altimeter instead of proximity radar. Makes 0 sense to me.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
FWIW, adjusting gamma is not cheating. nor is adjusting brightness and contrast.
But. In space, where the sun don't shine it's dark. How dark? REALLY dark.

What I don't get, is why we use an ASL altimeter instead of proximity radar. Makes 0 sense to me.
we need to have both a barometric altimeter and a radar altimeter, primarily utilizing the radar version to avoid mountains and such.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Do you hate the night side of moons/asteriod belts? Do you find it hard to see where you're going in these dark times? Well fear not fellow TEST members I have a solution for you! Its called cheating!. Ok, not really. Well maybe. Simply set your graphics card Brightness, Contrast and Gamma to new levels and BOOM, instant night vision capability as if you actually had the goggles yourself ingame.

And when you're done, just select the "Other Applications Control Color Settings" radio button and everything goes back to normal. When you need night vision for SC again, choose "Use Nvidia Settings".

Now you can go to the drug lab on Yela at night in confidence.
I have a quick button on my monitor change from gaming color mode (which is very sharp and give true black) to FullHD+ colors (smother movie colors)
It enhance the brightness of black to very dark greyish so it's like instant night vision ha ha ha...
Very handy button on darker places in SC since it is a instant change on the fly :smile:
:beer: :beer: :beers:

Forgot your password?