Re-inventing the wheel

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Best place I could find for the thread to fit. I already have a decent rig with ssd tons of ram and a great card but here is my problem and perhaps you kind folks will have some ideas.
With the EAC also came a few thousand of us bunted from game play. For me it was VR using VorpX which I absolutely adored.
Before my VR craze it was three monitors and Track IR. :like:
Alas the space where my sim sits is in my man cave where a 62 gun safe sits and the walls have a rifle rack system across 3 walls. The 4th is for the safe and reloading gear so you might see where I am headed....3 monitors would be problematic so I am looking into one large 72inch monitor and a floor mount to straddle the racing sim.
So who has run a large flat screen as a single monitor before. Best worst experiences please and although I am not giving up my VR gear I will add back the track IR.
P.S. Happy New Year gang and where is my beer wench?:drunk:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hello of a cave you have!

Now, about the sim pit, I'm not an expert on it and I dont have one (yet), but instead of a 72' flat monitor, why not use a curved ultrawide display?
a 1000r curve ration display will be a wraparound at a distante of 1mt, that in my head appear to be a good distance for immersion in a sim pit, plus if you are currently using 3 monitor I suspect you arrange them in a crurve-like shape, so a curved monitor will retain that aspect (sort of...).

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
From my experience using a 50" and TrackIR was amazing in games like DCS or SC or other simulation like games.
As like cockpit is on screen in IRL size so it don't take long before you forget you're in front of a flat screen.
I was seated about 1.5 - 1.6meter from screen so pretty close but the immersion was amazing.
Sadly I'm down to a 30" now as the 50 gave up and I miss that so much so a new one is coming and I am looking at 55-60" but that's most because I can't fit larger..
I looked at the large curved wide screen but they don't fit my liking, as they are not vertical high enough but like three curved 27" without the split...
( it's like freelancer cockpit window.. very curved and wide but no up and down view )
That is way to small for me.. if they had curved, like three 30-40" in size I be on it right away..

So from my point of view you can't go wrong with +50" and trackIR..

CHEERS! 🍻

If you want to see what I saw using the 50" this is old video before they change flight characteristic.
But if you look at it on +50" tv or similar you see exactly how it feel if you sit 1.5 meter from the screen watching..
Back then I didn't have trackIR yet either but it give you a fair idea how sitting in cockpit would feel on large screen.
View: https://youtu.be/6ttynwooUNo

Last edited:

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
From my experience using a 50" and TrackIR was amazing in games like DCS or SC or other simulation like games.
As like cockpit is on screen in IRL size so it don't take long before you forget you're in front of a flat screen.
I was seated about 1.5 - 1.6meter from screen so pretty close but the immersion was amazing.
Sadly I'm down to a 30" now as the 50 gave up and I miss that so much so a new one is coming and I am looking at 55-60" but that's most because I can't fit larger..
I looked at the large curved wide screen but they don't fit my liking, as they are not vertical high enough but like three curved 27" without the split...
( it's like freelancer cockpit window.. very curved and wide but no up and down view )
That is way to small for me.. if they had curved, like three 30-40" in size I be on it right away..

So from my point of view you can't go wrong with +50" and trackIR..

CHEERS! 🍻

If you want to see what I saw using the 50" this is old video before they change flight characteristic.
But if you look at it on +50" tv or similar you see exactly how it feel if you sit 1.5 meter from the screen watching..
Back then I didn't have trackIR yet either but it give you a fair idea how sitting in cockpit would feel on large screen.
View: https://youtu.be/6ttynwooUNo
Brilliant :like:

• Glorious
Reactions: Mich Angel
Forgot your password?