Redeemer creator has spoken!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I see I will have to come in with the unpopular opinion.

The Redeemer does not fit the style or aesthetic of anything in this game. It was made at a time when there were no clear style guides and it shows in the hair-straightener influenced engine design.

The concept behind the Next Great Star Ship idea was good in that it got some very creative minds from the community to work together and make some amazing ships, but the end result was a design that is nowhere near current standards and an abomination to the Aegis brand.

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
I agree wholeheartedly. NGST was a cool concept and a great (and painfully wasted) opportunity to bring the creative minds of the community together, but the ships that came from it where ugly monstrosities. The kind of ugly my 4 yo makes with his legos.

The Redeemer is the least ugly of them, but it still fells short in every aspect when compared to current SC designs.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

The Redeemer does not fit the style or aesthetic of anything in this game. It was made at a time when there were no clear style guides and it shows in the hair-straightener influenced engine design.

The concept behind the Next Great Star Ship idea was good in that it got some very creative minds from the community to work together and make some amazing ships, but the end result was a design that is nowhere near current standards and an abomination to the Aegis brand.
If this holds true, which it very may well (you may be wise. Heavy on the "may"), I'd be very interested to see how they deal with it. It's still one of my favourite ships, but if it has no place, it has no place. Although I'd love a place for a gunship. And then I'd love a gunship. Corsair perhaps? Haha.

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos

Its being redone

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Based on what I'm reading, I'm liking that it's turing into a pure gunship. It could be something fun and if it's going to be more aerodynamic, it would be nice to see a gunship that is viable in atmosphere and space.

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
Eh, the Redeemer is a gunship that can carry some troops, like an up-armed UH-1Y. Take the straightening irons off the port and starboard pylons and put on Retaliator engines that rotate to give it VTOL and you're there. Then let anyone who is pissed upgrade to a Valkyrie or something. Done. Disco Lando's dad would probably prefer Valkyries over his Redeemers, anyway.

Jangmo

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Jangmo
I hold on to mine out of pure curiosity. The later in development we get I think the better off for this ship to be more fleshed out and not just a generic troop transport. This could be the best cutlass ever.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?