Regarding concierge support

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Any of you guys who are really fed up with the performance of concierge support or the lack of support at all in public fora please vote up this:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/7/thread/concierge-program-enhancements-update

I started a "crusade", which is likely to fail but nonetheless felt like it needed to be initiated because 705 unsanswered replies to this thread feels just wrong:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/7/thread/concierge-program-enhancements-update

I want this project to succeed but there are elements at CIG totally obnoxious to what it takes still. Yeah, Drama. Still incredible! You need to be concierge to bother about it actively yet it's still feels symptomatic on CIGs treatment of backers in general. I'm not happy about it at all atm.

p.s.: If you feel differently Im happy to discuss the why and how and what not.

Last edited:

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
How have they done you wrong?

They have been very helpful to me. Yeah, the enhancements are slow to materialize. We have years before the game will be released.

Everything they have added has been good solutions. What else do you want them to add?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Back when this first started and there were literally 100 people in with Concierge status, it was and important step in rewarding people that had spent way above and beyond the rest of the backers.

The friendly concierge staff answered your tickets fast and made sure you were well taken care off, which is the treatment you expect when you are part of a small, elite group that is taking a big chance on this new little game developer. A lot of us were on a first name basis with some of the staff, that is how well we knew each other.

Today there are probably tens of thousands of people with Concierge status, its not uncommon and it does not make you special. In fact, CIG probably wishes they raised concierge level to $10,000 which is what I feel would probably be the right spot for it.

The sheer amount of entitlement from a lot of concierge level backers is laughable. They think the deserve some sort of special prize or treatment because they spent the money they have.

Look at this guy for example:

1638225489306.png

He spent over $1000 but does not have SQ42, so he wants it for free?

What kind of idiot has no problem spending $1000 and does not buy a package with SQ42 in it?

He is just one example of the nonsense Concierge has to deal with, and I guarantee he is not the worst.

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
How have they done you wrong?

They have been very helpful to me. Yeah, the enhancements are slow to materialize. We have years before the game will be released.

Everything they have added has been good solutions. What else do you want them to add?
It's about the thread they posted 2 months ago which had a whole year to ripe:

I feel the lack of response to that and in general is just not acceptable.

Last edited:

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Back when this first started and there were literally 100 people in with Concierge status, it was and important step in rewarding people that had spent way above and beyond the rest of the backers.

The friendly concierge staff answered your tickets fast and made sure you were well taken care off, which is the treatment you expect when you are part of a small, elite group that is taking a big chance on this new little game developer. A lot of us were on a first name basis with some of the staff, that is how well we knew each other.

Today there are probably tens of thousands of people with Concierge status, its not uncommon and it does not make you special. In fact, CIG probably wishes they raised concierge level to $10,000 which is what I feel would probably be the right spot for it.

The sheer amount of entitlement from a lot of concierge level backers is laughable. They think the deserve some sort of special prize or treatment because they spent the money they have.

Look at this guy for example:

View attachment 21888

He spent over $1000 but does not have SQ42, so he wants it for free?

What kind of idiot has no problem spending $1000 and does not buy a package with SQ42 in it?

He is just one example of the nonsense Concierge has to deal with, and I guarantee he is not the worst.
As I said in my thread on spectrum. The way they currently treat the problem isn't acceptable at all. The post I'm complaining about has 705 responses as of this moment and no single reply from concierge service. Sure, there are entitled idiots but that's not what I'm on about. Replies to any threads in spectrum are very rare which is not compatible with open developement at all in my opinion. That's a more profound taking of what I'm getting at in my thread. I restricted it to the more obvious failure to react on the need of the whales. The thread that promises two meager points of improvement for concierge got 705 reponses and no single response from a concierge support person. This is abyssmal as I stated. It's not adequate at all. A single person could have read all the replies and at least could have addressed the more serious requests in some way. That didn't happen at all. This is what worries me. Developement is detached from the backers at this point. A longterm successful developement needs better communication in my opinion. They currently fail totally in communication. And even the simplest decisions take to fucking long!

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
if i have any problems i just message them via concierge support and not the forum. they have gone above and beyond or me time and time again i think the longest I've ever waited for a response was 7 days. the 2 biggest times they did something was #1 after i bought the javelin i saw there was no javelin model that came with it like the original javlin package. They added the model to my javelin and probably every other javelin purchase for that year. then when the phoenix emerald was debuted they did not have window times for people to buy them they just picked an NA time to sell them which is in the middle of the night for me so i missed the deal and i explained how i am located in japan etc so they not only provided me with a token to buy one at anytime they also starting on the next major limited stock sales started the wave system for selling limited stock items. I think they are doing a great job dealing with as many requests as they have and as @Montoya pointed out some people have a bit of an elitest attitude problem just cause they finally hit stage 1 of the concierge level. my guess with that account is they bought and sold 1000 usd worth of ships to other people and now they want to have free SQ42 so they never have to buy the game or make any purchases.

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
I don't think they have confirmed anything yet. Extra token is on way but probably a pain in the rear to implement. Extra time for sales has been a nice addition.

Yeah that thread has no replies but SC is the most open I have ever been a part of.

• o7

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
As I said in my thread on spectrum. The way they currently treat the problem isn't acceptable at all. The post I'm complaining about has 705 responses as of this moment and no single reply from concierge service. Sure, there are entitled idiots but that's not what I'm on about. Replies to any threads in spectrum are very rare which is not compatible with open developement at all in my opinion. That's a more profound taking of what I'm getting at in my thread. I restricted it to the more obvious failure to react on the need of the whales. The thread that promises two meager points of improvement for concierge got 705 reponses and no single response from a concierge support person. This is abyssmal as I stated. It's not adequate at all. A single person could have read all the replies and at least could have addressed the more serious requests in some way. That didn't happen at all. This is what worries me. Developement is detached from the backers at this point. A longterm successful developement needs better communication in my opinion. They currently fail totally in communication. And even the simplest decisions take to fucking long!
things about making any responses in threads like the 705 person thread is if they make any false impressions and their boss says no that is not what we can do or the direction we want to take on it as a rep of CIG their word is binding so they can't just make any response until they get the go ahead from above. people get fired from where i work for making false impressions and i know CIG has run into issues like this in the past such as with free CCUs.

• o7

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
if i have any problems i just message them via concierge support and not the forum. they have gone above and beyond or me time and time again i think the longest I've ever waited for a response was 7 days. the 2 biggest times they did something was #1 after i bought the javelin i saw there was no javelin model that came with it like the original javlin package. They added the model to my javelin and probably every other javelin purchase for that year. then when the phoenix emerald was debuted they did not have window times for people to buy them they just picked an NA time to sell them which is in the middle of the night for me so i missed the deal and i explained how i am located in japan etc so they not only provided me with a token to buy one at anytime they also starting on the next major limited stock sales started the wave system for selling limited stock items. I think they are doing a great job dealing with as many requests as they have and as @Montoya pointed out some people have a bit of an elitest attitude problem just cause they finally hit stage 1 of the concierge level. my guess with that account is they bought and sold 1000 usd worth of ships to other people and now they want to have free SQ42 so they never have to buy the game or make any purchases.
That's not my pojnt at all. At this moment I don't have a personal issue I want to have addressed. I don't give a fuck about getting my buybacks for this particular sale. I want CIG to respond to Fan requests properly. Proper communication is essential for a long term success in this kind of project in my opinon. They fail blatantly atm.

Last edited:
  • o7

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
things about making any responses in threads like the 705 person thread is if they make any false impressions and their boss says no that is not what we can do or the direction we want to take on it as a rep of CIG their word is binding so they can't just make any response until they get the go ahead from above. people get fired from where i work for making false impressions and i know CIG has run into issues like this in the past such as with free CCUs.
Exactly! We are narrowing in on the underlying problem. Decisionmaking is too top down at CIG and ineffective. Nobody dares to act without someone high up giving a blessing. That also indicates a failure of communication within CIG. I don't want to repeat old badly researched articles but this situation we are in indeed indicates a problem that needs to be addressed that is wider than my meager attempt to better the whale situation. In the current situation the announcement to almost double the staff doesn't really help. Stuff like giving a couple of bonus buybacks shouldn't be a top management decision but apparently it is and we are waiting for more than a year for it.

• o7

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
In today's gaming culture one does not give a few freebies to a select few without the masses complaining.

I am not on the inside at CIG but adding an extra buyback probably isn't easy. I remember how long buybacks took to implement. This was after we had concierge reservations for limited ships (like idris) and when you had to have concierge staff melt ships manually.

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
In today's gaming culture one does not give a few freebies to a select few without the masses complaining.

I am not on the inside at CIG but adding an extra buyback probably isn't easy. I remember how long buybacks took to implement. This was after we had concierge reservations for limited ships (like idris) and when you had to have concierge staff melt ships manually.
Remembering a time where it was even worse is no argument for me to keep it the way it currently is. Kudos to you that you suffered through that but I don't think we should stop here and applaud CIG just yet. It can be be better ;)

• o7

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
It's about the thread they posted 2 months ago which had a whole year to ripe:

I feel the lack of response to that and in general is just not acceptable.
Good that you pointed to that thread again, because I was wondering when this will ever happen or if there was news since it was posted after the survey.

Especially interested by the 2 buyback tokens to be implemented.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
As I said in my thread on spectrum. The way they currently treat the problem isn't acceptable at all. The post I'm complaining about has 705 responses as of this moment and no single reply from concierge service.
Ah ok, I agree they should respond, but in the long list of things they need to do, this is probably low priority.

You know how it is in an office environment. The guy they have in this position was probably given 10 different tasks, one of them was concierge stuff. The other 9 things are probably deemed more critical by his boss which is why nothing has happened yet.

They will respond when they have a solid plan in place.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
I value Concierge providing members quick ticket support.

I see no value in Concierge support posting in the forum. If they post there to answer one player's question, they will be blasted for not doing that consistently for everyone else. No win scenario.

I do think they should follow up on Concierge rewards promises. But I give them a little credit. Maybe they are waiting for after IAE to begin the second buy back token idea, which would be more useful after IAE sales / melting choices are made and regrets set in, rather than during the sale. If they follow up by Christmas on the extra token idea, they are on track in my view.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Here's my takes on the Concierge issues. For the most part, using the Concierge support message system, they've gotten back to me within a week if not less. A couple times it took a month or more, but those were really crazy times for them because 1 was at the beginning of an IAE, which was followed shortly with a holiday event & then their short vacation. The other was during the start of an ILW which was also rather chaotic for them because it was followed within days with the Alien Week. Both times they were highly apologetic that it had taken so long & did their best to help me with a solution to my issues. Some were helped, others were not, but those that simply had become a problem because of a glitch followed by time running out, they took care of for me even though the purchasing window had closed already because I'd asked for help during the middle of that window. So from my perspective, those assigned to Concierge support are doing the best they can do.

As for the Spectrum issue, it seems to me that as others have pointed out that CIG can't just reply answers freely because they will get held to anything they post & entitled people will bitch, moan & complain about any sort of perceived slight wherever they can get somebody to listen. Thus they have to run the request up the chain to have those steering the ship decide if that is where they want to go or not. However, the biggest issue isn't that, it's that the entire Star Citizen project, from the beginning has been having to create & figure out things as they go while also making plans for what they'd like to also achieve. While everybody would love to have SC be the perfect game for them & have it run exactly how they want it to go at least to some degree, this is the baby of Chris Roberts & his vision for it will not be perfect for everybody in every way. As much as CR would love to have the game be deemed perfect in the eyes of everybody, we all have different views on various things here & there. Thus the massive delay in responding to those posts. Also, there's a chance that some of them have been responded to privately as they had the current answers available to them, but didn't post them openly as that would just piss off those that they haven't been able to respond to yet as well as those that want something different & feel entitled to their desires being satisfied.

My best advice for those seeking Concierge help is to message them through the Concierge Support mail system, word your request politely & with understanding & respect that they have a lot on their plates (especially during events) and if possible phrase things as though their assistance either way will be greatly appreciated. That usually helps them feel relaxed & be more willing to either get you the result you're asking for or at least get you an answer as soon as possible. The better you treat them, the more eager they are to go the extra mile for you over those that are just demanding entitled people.

Reactions: Quirkz and Doyzer

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Ah ok, I agree they should respond, but in the long list of things they need to do, this is probably low priority.

You know how it is in an office environment. The guy they have in this position was probably given 10 different tasks, one of them was concierge stuff. The other 9 things are probably deemed more critical by his boss which is why nothing has happened yet.

They will respond when they have a solid plan in place.
Oh yes unfortunatly I know. In essence it'S bad organisation and someone doing a poor job. That happens in my company and my company is a relatively small sub to a much larger company where it all is even worse. That doesn't mean I have to like it. But it does explain why not many colleagues like me maybe...

• o7

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
I value Concierge providing members quick ticket support.

I see no value in Concierge support posting in the forum. If they post there to answer one player's question, they will be blasted for not doing that consistently for everyone else. No win scenario.

I do think they should follow up on Concierge rewards promises. But I give them a little credit. Maybe they are waiting for after IAE to begin the second buy back token idea, which would be more useful after IAE sales / melting choices are made and regrets set in, rather than during the sale. If they follow up by Christmas on the extra token idea, they are on track in my view.
Not really my intention to critize those who respond to tickets. I might have been unclear in that regard and tried to fix it in my post on spectrum.

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Here's my takes on the Concierge issues. For the most part, using the Concierge support message system, they've gotten back to me within a week if not less. A couple times it took a month or more, but those were really crazy times for them because 1 was at the beginning of an IAE, which was followed shortly with a holiday event & then their short vacation. The other was during the start of an ILW which was also rather chaotic for them because it was followed within days with the Alien Week. Both times they were highly apologetic that it had taken so long & did their best to help me with a solution to my issues. Some were helped, others were not, but those that simply had become a problem because of a glitch followed by time running out, they took care of for me even though the purchasing window had closed already because I'd asked for help during the middle of that window. So from my perspective, those assigned to Concierge support are doing the best they can do.
As stated that's not what I was on about but seems to be my fault of being unclear in my expression.

As for the Spectrum issue, it seems to me that as others have pointed out that CIG can't just reply answers freely because they will get held to anything they post & entitled people will bitch, moan & complain about any sort of perceived slight wherever they can get somebody to listen. Thus they have to run the request up the chain to have those steering the ship decide if that is where they want to go or not. However, the biggest issue isn't that, it's that the entire Star Citizen project, from the beginning has been having to create & figure out things as they go while also making plans for what they'd like to also achieve. While everybody would love to have SC be the perfect game for them & have it run exactly how they want it to go at least to some degree, this is the baby of Chris Roberts & his vision for it will not be perfect for everybody in every way. As much as CR would love to have the game be deemed perfect in the eyes of everybody, we all have different views on various things here & there. Thus the massive delay in responding to those posts. Also, there's a chance that some of them have been responded to privately as they had the current answers available to them, but didn't post them openly as that would just piss off those that they haven't been able to respond to yet as well as those that want something different & feel entitled to their desires being satisfied.
This is resonating with my intent. But I didn't want to make this post on spectrum a discussion on the general hierarchie issues the whole project might have. Despite a little rough tone I actually want to see them organize spectrum communication better. I don't expect to be successful because I have really poor diplomatic skills...

• o7
Forgot your password?