RIP Dr. Hawking

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
He overcame great adversity to follow his passion. In the NY Times, the headline announcing his passing has a subtitle that reads : "His mind roamed the cosmos". Indeed, it did. His thoughts will forever be a part of the way we see and understand our universe. Pi day will never be the same, because now it will be the day that scientists and the people he inspired with his books and lectures remember his life and achievements. Rest in peace.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Loved this guy, have yet to speak to someone who doesn't feel like we lost an important figure today.

I'm sure I saw something on TV that when he was diagnosed with ALS that he really studied it and went to university or something and did quite a high up course in neurodegeneration or something like that but I can't find it.

Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like something he would do.

Imagine if he was able bodied what he could do with proper access to simulations and computers, he had to do all his calculations in his head, something we see on TV on a blackboard there just to look intense he was doing all day long to come up the next theory or answer.

What a guy.

Forgot your password?