wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Now that Invictus Launch Week 2952 is over, let's focus on the near future.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Star Citizen Alpha 3.17.2, scheduled to be released by the end of June:

Screenshot 2022-05-30 at 17.15.20.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Star Citizen Alpha 3.18, scheduled to be released by the end of September:

Screenshot 2022-05-30 at 17.16.33.png

Star Citizen Alpha 3.19, scheduled to be released by the end of December:

Content: TBA & Vulkan API

vulkna-logo.png

...and Star Citizen Alpha 4.0 scheduled to be released to ETF PTU by the end of December:

Content: Server Meshing & Pyro

Tavern-Upload-Image-211229-1635183343.jpg

Notes:

* -- If successfully tested during Evocati testing phase
Items marked green mean Evocati testing phase
Items marked blue mean Live release

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
This is gonna be an exciting, but probably rough 4th quarter. I'd imagine that September patch will cause all kinds of hell after being released in like November (we've been warned it will take more time than usual). I hope it works out and we can all enjoy crashing the game with millions of crap thrown all around the place! More realistically I expect the game to be basically unplayable from 3.18 until next year, in the hopes that I'm wrong!

I'm also excited about navmesh becoming a thing, with ships coming and going (in a later patch) and npcs on foot being around, it would bring so much more life to the game finally! Also, it means something that is not clearly stated, the possibility for Fauna! We could finally have some weird alien creatures hiding in the bushes (and caves!) to spice up things even more!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
This is gonna be an exciting, but probably rough 4th quarter. I'd imagine that September patch will cause all kinds of hell after being released in like November (we've been warned it will take more time than usual). I hope it works out and we can all enjoy crashing the game with millions of crap thrown all around the place! More realistically I expect the game to be basically unplayable from 3.18 until next year, in the hopes that I'm wrong!

I'm also excited about navmesh becoming a thing, with ships coming and going (in a later patch) and npcs on foot being around, it would bring so much more life to the game finally! Also, it means something that is not clearly stated, the possibility for Fauna! We could finally have some weird alien creatures hiding in the bushes (and caves!) to spice up things even more!
There are a lots of thing that can be done with NPC planetary NavMesh, like:
- FPS bounty on open locations (rather then just cave)
- resque missions, both medical EVAC and extractions
- Intel scout missions where you have to track an NPC while moving across the planet without being descover
- proper delivery cargo missions
- sige scenario at autpost /crash site
- personal trasport missions (and VIP too as well)

and for course funa since form a code prospective hummy NPC and animals are just the same and CIG need to have proper NavMech in place to have fauna roaming around... and as a conseguence:
- hunting missions (with also the introduction of nwe hight valuable sellable items, like fur skin, animal skulls etc...)
- VIP safari tours

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I was trying to find the link yesterday that talked about how they plan on having this stuff in for evocati this year but that they have no clue when it will be released to the PTU as they want it to be an extended test period. So while I agree it's PES it's going to take a great deal of drinking as we know we really do lack patience.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
I was trying to find the link yesterday that talked about how they plan on having this stuff in for evocati this year but that they have no clue when it will be released to the PTU as they want it to be an extended test period. So while I agree it's PES it's going to take a great deal of drinking as we know we really do lack patience.
2022 TESTING AND RELEASE CADENCE
(...) we are going to be approaching 3.18 differently than our previous releases. We are anticipating that 3.18 will require a much longer time in the Evocati/PTU phase than our previous releases, due to the fundamental change in how the game tracks state. We know we will also need testing at scale, as in our experience we see different issues when we go from internal testing to Evocati to PTU wave 1, then wave 2 and so on. Players do crazy things, and lots of players creates lots of crazy cases we had not considered, which expose bugs and edge cases. Our guess is that it may be as long as three months in the PTU stage, but it is hard to predict. For instance, will the universe turn into a nightmare version of WALL-E because everyone just throws empty boxes on the ground, or dumps the 10 AI bodies they have looted in New Babbage’s Commons? We are working on what we call a Density Manager to manage the objects that get recorded and clean up the lower priority ones (for instance, discarded empty bottles or cans) when too many are in one area, but I suspect we will also have to implement AI Janitors and perhaps even crime stats for littering in Landing Zones like New Babbage or ArcCorp! (...)

The goal will then be to get 2-3 months of testing on 3.18 in PTU for an Alpha 3.18 release to LIVE in late Q3. I know many of you have been waiting for Salvage, Physicalized Cargo, and Persistent Entity Streaming for a long time, and I am excited to see us in the home stretch to finally bring it to you. I think 3.18 will be an amazing update that is an even bigger game-changer than 3.15 was, but we want to make sure we give it the proper time to test so we can deliver it to you at the best quality possible.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
From the latest Roadmap Roundup: all Alpha 3.17.2 deliverables committed.

• Additional Stanton Lagrange Points
  • Derelict Reclaimer Settlement - Point of Interest
  • Derelict Reclaimer Space Missions
  • AI - Planetary Navigation
  • Illegal Delivery Missions
  • Siege of Orison

Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 21.43.12.png

Derelict Reclaimer POI

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?