Scouting Scouting, exploration, and intel gathering.

reaxident

Ensign
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Drop_Index
I don't know about you all, but I am very excited to jump in PU in the fastest ship i can find to explore the 'verse. I find exploration and intel gathering very niche and vital to big games like this, mostly because its not even viable in most games. My goal is to have everything I find documented for use by Best Squadron, hopefully juicy information becomes my commodity.

Once we get closer to release I plan on creating a webapp, mostly because I have always wanted to build a decent one, and I was thinking this could be a way of documenting and sharing information in the future. Or just keeping it to myself to broker it out.

I have been doing this kind of thing for the current space game I play and its very fun, but the scale and player base I work with is small so it may have little application in an organization so huge. IDK. It sounds fun though, I can't wait. Well I can, but I don't want to.

Broody

Grand Admiral
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
BROODY
Yes! Regarding RTV, the jump point issue is so diffuse, e.g. not all ships can deal with any jump point. This is will be an adventure. A game in the game. Finding ressource can help us and makes us tough.
Great idea!

Reactions: reaxident

Feral Oxide

Grand Admiral
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
FeralOxide
Jump! Me Jump High! My lil ship ready n willing to go where there ain't nothing by stuff n some dust. Long as my frig is full I'm ready to head out and explore.

Op4ArcticFox

Space Marshal
May 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Op4ArcticFox
The idea of owning a Carrack and using it to explore really appeals to me. Once/if I get one (or if I just use my 315p) I am down for a good amount of exploring. I really am curious how big the PU is.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
The idea of owning a Carrack and using it to explore really appeals to me. Once/if I get one (or if I just use my 315p) I am down for a good amount of exploring. I really am curious how big the PU is.
315 has barely one system jump capability and god knows how little fuel to fly within one system.
You will not be exploring much in that little puddle jumper.

At least get Freelancer DUR.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
315 has barely one system jump capability and god knows how little fuel to fly within one system.
You will not be exploring much in that little puddle jumper.

At least get Freelancer DUR.
We might be able to something like add drop tanks to increase range, though.

StarDragon

Lieutenant
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
StarDraconis
Yeah a freelancer DUR was something I was considering too, to pair with the vanguard. It seems a good ship to explore solo pilot.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Forgot your password?