SCREW 390X...go for Fury...Kung Fury

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Issue is I dont see the reason to puck up a fury. Asus leaked a 850 USD price, which is almost titan level and is stupid pricing for a refrrence card. A non reference cooling I can see hitting 900, and a custom pcb if they allow it being 1000. We dont know how well it will perform with the HBM, you can have a 30 lane highway but if only 6 card at a time the other 24 lanes are useless. We also are unsure how well fiji OC or performa. 390x is a hawaii that has been improved and/or OC. The pricing is difficult. A 500 dollar 980 is a good price, while a 650 is just above it. It must outperform a 980 while maintaining a 550 or less price a tall order. If it doesnt outperform the 980 by enough then a extra 100 dollars gets you a 980ti that easilly beats the 980. So they need it to outperform a 980ti with a price less than 650. Lots of factors to consider, but we will see how it all works out.

RedjackQuisterJr

Rear Admiral
Sep 28, 2014
RSI Handle
redjack_quister_jr
Issue is I dont see the reason to puck up a fury. Asus leaked a 850 USD price, which is almost titan level and is stupid pricing for a refrrence card. A non reference cooling I can see hitting 900, and a custom pcb if they allow it being 1000. We dont know how well it will perform with the HBM, you can have a 30 lane highway but if only 6 card at a time the other 24 lanes are useless. We also are unsure how well fiji OC or performa. 390x is a hawaii that has been improved and/or OC. The pricing is difficult. A 500 dollar 980 is a good price, while a 650 is just above it. It must outperform a 980 while maintaining a 550 or less price a tall order. If it doesnt outperform the 980 by enough then a extra 100 dollars gets you a 980ti that easilly beats the 980. So they need it to outperform a 980ti with a price less than 650. Lots of factors to consider, but we will see how it all works out.
Lisa Hsu said that it will be the fastest GPU (I hope she means single GPU) in the world, and if it is faster than a TitanX/980ti and a lesser price what is there not to like

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Lisa Hsu said that it will be the fastest GPU (I hope she means single GPU) in the world, and if it is faster than a TitanX/980ti and a lesser price what is there not to like
companies are notorious for saying this is fastest item ever! With a little asterisk that in tiny lettering saying "in our test under these conditions". Titan X they said it was the fastest gpu ever, at deep learning and under 2000 USD.

So Lisa Hsu is saying "This is the fastest GPU in the world!*"

*in our closed test at bitcoin mining, against all cards under 1500 USD." or "fast gpu ever, that uses HBM" which would be the only gpu in the world that uses HBM.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
I would quote the image source as there are a few versions floating around. Also AMD does have a history as of late for indeed dropping the fastest card at the time.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
From a hardcore enthusiast side, we laugh at WCFF and for the most part, ignored by the greater community due to their incompetence and historical inaccuracies.
Wccftech owner is extremly bias. They are famous for running articles that prove AMD is better and then deleting it once real reviews come out. They have started so much BS rumors that I am surprised people take them seriously. They had a article up a few weeks ago saying the 980ti was a overclocked 980. While all 300 series was fiji. Now the article is deleted when it was proven wrong. Its one thing to be bias, its another to use your "journalism" website to do it.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Forgot your password?