Ship naming - "my name is..."

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I named my 1996 V6 Pontiac Firebird "The Flaming Chicken" because it was only the V6 instead of the v8. Ironically, it periodically proved that a large part of racing victory is in the personal skill of the driver & not just the power of the vehicle.
If that had the standard transmission, it had better acceleration than almost everything on the road, up to 3rd gear. 4th gear is what made it drive like a chicken.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
If that had the standard transmission, it had better acceleration than almost everything on the road, up to 3rd gear. 4th gear is what made it drive like a chicken.
That would've been nice, but it was equipped with an automatic transmission. Before that I had a 4 cylinder 1997 Chevy Malibu that would shred most Mustangs & Camaros at the lights, usually smoke them for the initial 1/8th mile & often still squeak out the win at the 1/4 on the city streets in no prep situations. If there were good enough turns starting right after the light, I'd end up sitting at the next light for an extra rotation waiting for them. Oops.

White Lando

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
I named my 1996 V6 Pontiac Firebird "The Flaming Chicken" because it was only the V6 instead of the v8. Ironically, it periodically proved that a large part of racing victory is in the personal skill of the driver & not just the power of the vehicle.
I proved the same with a 1990 LeSabre a few times. I called it "Mom's Car" because it was my mom's car.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Thread necromancy!
It's been a while since I've got nameable Reclaimer but I still haven't decided how it should be called. I already changed the name five times ; )

Latest:

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 20.14.01.png

Previous:

ScreenShot-2022-08-01_21-31-04-182.jpg

Older names:

-- Weyland One
-- 1809246 (Alien fans get it)
-- We Brake For Nobody (I was going to use it again, unfortunately, it's been already taken)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thread necromancy!
It's been a while since I've got nameable Reclaimer but I still haven't decided how it should be called. I already changed the name five times ; )

Latest:

View attachment 23297

Previous:

View attachment 23298

Older names:

-- Weyland One
-- 1809246 (Alien fans get it)
-- We Brake For Nobody (I was going to use it again, unfortunately, it's been already taken)
Great revival!

I got my first actually nameable ship recently, a 600 named "Phaedrus" and Christened in a ceremony of one:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aCzfr8-AOf8

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Did someone else had a problem whit ship names not appearing in game for like 2 or 3 patches now?
Which ship is it and are you using a paint on it? I think the green 600i skin isnt showing the name very well? :-)

EDIT - When i 've just spawned the ship it says PHAE on the side in 10ft tall letters and takes a minute or two to show correctly so perhaps shaders are an issue too? Have you deleted the User Folder recently?

Last edited:

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
Which ship is it and are you using a paint on it? I think the green 600i skin isnt showing the name very well? :-)

EDIT - When i 've just spawned the ship it says PHAE on the side in 10ft tall letters and takes a minute or two to show correctly so perhaps shaders are an issue too? Have you deleted the User Folder recently?
Nope I didn't delete the User forder. What I mean is that neither of the ships with names that I have in game, the MSR and the 600i are showing the name on them. Either with skin or no skin

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Nope I didn't delete the User forder. What I mean is that neither of the ships with names that I have in game, the MSR and the 600i are showing the name on them. Either with skin or no skin
Shame to hear about your ships, as it isnt a skin compatability issue and my 600 is showing its one in this patch, so isnt a blanket issue... try deleting your USER folder as it contains elements of the graphics which are only updated with a manual delete. When you log in it makes the folder again with the new shaders, so I am lead to believe.

Forgot your password?