Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
It was a clever move by CiG to put the Pisces up against the Mule, particularly if they were trying to prevent a repeat of last year's "meme" choice:

• Removing the PTV from the possible ships so close to the voting minimized the time available to "redirect" those focussed on it to vote for the Mule instead.
  • The Pisces, being the same price as the Mule takes away the "cheap ship" reason for someone to specifically pick the Mule.
  • The Pisces has more utility in the game at this stage than the Mule does.
  • Being a "starter" ship and reasonably commonly used\owned means there's likely a large number of players who have experience with the Pisces.
  • Having both the Carrack and the Pisces listed as options to vote for (particularly with the Pisces vote coming after the Carrack's vote) gives a "nudge" to the Carrack supporters (who have a pisces through the Carrack), as if both reach the final 4 it will result in "matching" paints for the pair.

I'd love to see the Pisces make it through and win the overall vote, as it would allow both the free-fly starting tomorrow, as well as the IAE to offer a discount Pisces bundle like that at Invictus, where the bundle is the same price as the ship on it's own (giving a "free" NPC slot), as well as allowing a much wider range of players (existing and new) to be easily able to acquire the "best in show" ship... Having an "affordable" winner is likely to be more encouraging for people to go out and buy it than having a $600 ship which most players would never be likely to pay for.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The last round of the first tier has ended... in tears! An astounding victory for the Pisces which can only be described as crushing breaks the back of the Mule.

On to the first round of Tier 2 - Redeemer vs Scorpius and at the moment they are neck and neck!

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Tomorrow's choice will be a difficult one for me...

Whichever ship wins gets to the final 4 and so should have discount WB CCU's at IAE: Do I pick the ship I want a "last mile" CCU for, or should I pick the ship I received today to try and get a skin for it?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
They rode the edge of a razor all day long, the Redeemer taking the early lead but the Scorpius taking over and keeping the lead until the very end with only 370 votes between the two, the Scorpius advances to the Semi final.

Now, the 600i vs the original Meme Ship. Carrack is Love, Carrack is Life, Carrack is... Unbeatable? Only time will tell.

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
They rode the edge of a razor all day long, the Redeemer taking the early lead but the Scorpius taking over and keeping the lead until the very end with only 370 votes between the two, the Scorpius advances to the Semi final.

Now, the 600i vs the original Meme Ship. Carrack is Love, Carrack is Life, Carrack is... Unbeatable? Only time will tell.

Until the Polaris is flyable this is my star ship. And I must say I was not expecting the scorpius to win against the redeemer but I am thrilled it did.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Voted Scorpius, because I have one. Flew a Redeemer once..hated it.
I voted Scorpius too, but I have and love both ships. The Redeemer is a great ship, but sort of like the Carrack, it's not really a very good ship to fly solo. You really NEED 1-2 others on it with you in order to realize its awesomeness. Scorpius on the other hand, while certainly better with a copilot, is still a viable solo ship. Sorta like a Vanguard, which I'm frankly a little surprised didn't beat it in the first round. Maybe because it was a Warden and not a Sentinel?

Forgot your password?