Shout out to an unknown TESTie

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
When the pandemic hit, I had a LOT more time on my hands at home...one of the things I started doing was watching Twitch streams, and it wasn't too long before I found a real interesting streamer who focused on Star Citizen primarily. One of the things he did was "science" things to try to figure out what worked and what didn't, as well as why...it was addictive to watch, and fun. And, it took my mind off of a lot of crap going on with COVID & etc. His style of gameplay wasn't anything like my style, but I found it interesting and I got to understand better what other people do in the game. It defiinitely broadened my understanding of SC and MMO's!

Long story short, this guy was based in Kyiv, Ukraine (of all places), and in case you haven't been keeping track of current events, there has been a major shit show there with Putin invading and targeting civilians. SpaceCutlet tried making a run for the border immediately, but couldn't get his family out of the country. I was tracking his progress (or rather, lack of progress) trying to get his family to safety, without much in the way of good news, when I saw this on his Discord:
Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 10.32.34 AM.png

Anyway, what a relief to know his family is safe, and I gotta say it brings a tear to my eye knowing that one of you glorious bastards was able to help out somebody in need like this!

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
By the way if you live in Europe, and have a spare room or a full housing available, there are multiple programs to accomodate Ukrainian refugiees, when they are in transit, or full time for a few months (6 months or more).
Here we got a room ready, my wife is russian and all her russian friends in France feel so guilty they are helping as much as they can since the beginning of the war.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
By the way if you live in Europe, and have a spare room or a full housing available, there are multiple programs to accomodate Ukrainian refugiees, when they are in transit, or full time for a few months (6 months or more).
Here we got a room ready, my wife is russian and all her russian friends in France feel so guilty they are helping as much as they can since the beginning of the war.
I don't blame the Russian people....especially the ones who live outside Russia and are as horrified to see this war unfold like we are. They're victims as well.

I have friends in Kyiv still. Although they're now safe in the western part of the country, they're essentially now homeless because their Kyiv suburb (Irpin) has now been leveled by Russian shelling. I've wired them some money but essentials like food and medicine have definitely shot up in price.

I spent a few weeks in Ukraine in 2017 and it's a beautiful country with the warmest people. What I'm seeing right now absolutely breaks my heart.

Forgot your password?