Sketchy Multi-tools?

minor_accident

Captain
Mar 25, 2022
RSI Handle
minor_accident
For the last couple of days, every one I get, whether looted or purchased, automatically has the medical attachment on. But then, none of them will let me switch it out with a tractor beam or mining laser. In fact, about 20% of the time, if I try to switch the attachment out (let's say, tractor beam), it glitches the new attachment out of my inventory, never to be seen again.

All I really want to use is the beam, because bunkers are so much easier and faster. Anyone else have this problem? I'm really hoping I don't have to reset... I lost damn near everything on the last one.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Inventory system some times is tricky and don't work properly, I've several issue where I'm unable to stack mags of the same weapons, full of ammo, becouse the inventory system basically spit them out into two group as it like (and they say AI is not a thing....).
For your case specific have you try to change the multytool's layout from the interaction menu? Just put the additional modules in your inventory andh the'll show up as an option during the personalize interaction.
That feels like it could either work or give you some duplicated item... or make the whole server infrastructure crash and rollback to 2.0.... still whort triying... tho'

Reactions: minor_accident

minor_accident

Captain
Mar 25, 2022
RSI Handle
minor_accident
GOT ONE!!! I bought one at the cargo center (it was pre-loaded with a med, of course), and noticed there's a check box to buy the attachment with the tool in the purchasing screen. I unchecked it, and it went into my inventory empty. I was finally able to load a tractor beam into it, and quickly proceeded to raid like 20 dudes worth of weapons and armor out of a bunker! My SC life is now back on track. :like:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I just equip the tool on the inventory screen and drag and drop the tractor attachment onto it. I had many issues with the inventory but this always worked and had no issues with the tool, whether it was looted or bought. One thing to note is that it felt like I could drag and drop tractor modules into the tools without getting back the previous module. I have not tested this theory properly but I ran out of modules way before I ran out of tools.

Reactions: minor_accident
Forgot your password?