wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
While waiting for the close melee combat coming in Alpha 3.8, one idea came to my mind: Space Fight Club.

The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.
The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.
Third rule of Fight Club: Someone yells "Stop!", goes limp, taps out, the fight is over.
Fourth rule: Only two guys to a fight.
Fifth rule: One fight at a time, fellas.
Sixth rule: No shirts, no shoes.
Seventh rule: Fights will go on as long as they have to.
And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Since I already broke two rules, I'm going to move this thread to the vet lounge on discord soon.

As Tyler Durden said:

---- Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
While waiting for the close melee combat coming in Alpha 3.8, one idea came to my mind: Space Fight Club.

Third rule of Fight Club: Someone yells "Stop!", goes limp, taps out, the fight is over.
And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Since I already broke two rules, I'm going to move this thread to the vet lounge on discord soon.

As Tyler Durden said:

Never talk about fight club.

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
I have no idea how much you are actually joking, but this could very well be a thing. Like a regular event with *topsecret-superhidden* leaderboards.
Melee attacks are already in the game right? If not, close quarter shoot outs sound good.

Reactions: Bambooza

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Melee combat is scheduled for the next patch, using both punches and hand weapons. Take special note of the nice Vanduul weapons that will become trophies, and probably find use by those in Titansuits, also scheduled for Q4 2019 release. Word is melee can be used for FPS stealth incursions, so I am hoping the rumors and past statements are true. It will be very cool to be able to infiltrate a slaver or pirate nest and slaughter them one by one from the shadows.

And no, I do not believe you can pilot anything in a Titansuit, but you may be able to sit second seat in a Vanguard, etc. We'll see. It may be you need more room than the Vanguard has, which could make a strong case for the Valkyrie. The suit mock-ups are pretty smokin'. Makes you as tall as a Vanduul.

Last edited:

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
I never thought I'd have to attend secret, underground fight clubs to wire TESTies jaws back together...

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I never thought I'd have to attend secret, underground fight clubs to wire TESTies jaws back together...

Over climbing through burning heaps of metal that were once space-born ships to stitch back jaws together? Well you can look on the bright side and know that we will always be giving you interesting locations to visit and your services will always be in high demand.

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Melee combat is scheduled for the next patch, using both punches and hand weapons. Take special note of the nice Vanduul weapons that will become trophies, and probably find use by those in Titansuits, also scheduled for Q4 2019 release. Word is melee can be used for FPS stealth incursions, so I am hoping the rumors and past statements are true. It will be very cool to be able to infiltrate a slaver or pirate nest and slaughter them one by one from the shadows.
Looking forward to it too...

And no, I do not believe you can pilot anything in a Titansuit, but you may be able to sit second seat in a Vanguard, etc. We'll see. It may be you need more room than the Vanguard has, which could make a strong case for the Valkyrie. The suit mock-ups are pretty smokin'. Makes you as tall as a Vanduul.
[/QUOTE]
Hmm no I don't think you'll ever be able to enter into a Vanguard with a Titan suit.... I think the smaller portion of a shil you'll fit in is the Valkire cargo bay...

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale

Titan suits, as shown so far, are huge. You won't fit in any current seat. You even have a difficult time just turning around in most of the corridors that currently exist, or moving through current doors/hatches.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666

As Tyler Durden said:

Wasn't fight club where he beat him self up... not actually fighting anyone ha ha ha

🍻 🤪

Reactions: wmk and Bambooza
Forgot your password?