SPAIs. Star Citizen RP1 Facebook Convo.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So I'm part of the Star Citizen RP1 Facebook group. Ran across a post today about orgs. Starting reading band came across this gem:
Screenshot_20210808-202553_Facebook~2.jpg

Being as truth does need to be spoken, I decided to respond, albeit politely. I am, after all, a Canadian.
Screenshot_20210808-203710_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210808-203732_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210808-203758_Facebook.jpg

So here you have it. We have SPAIs. Ermagerd! Who knew?! 🤣

I'd like to take a moment to formally welcome all our SPAIs to TEST.

Oh, one more grab of a separate thread on the same post...
Screenshot_20210808-202500_Facebook.jpg

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Ahhhh so this is why he contacted me from out of the blue!

For the record this is pretty normal, all other orgs suck except the ones you are involved with. All big orgs are going to fail within the first week of the game coming out because <reasons>.

When we had 300 members I was the one going around saying how Imperium (3000 member org) will collapse any day now because <reasons>.

Anyway, short story is that he is cool. We had a nice little chat. Im not going to share the entire conversation for the sake of privacy, but he had a few incorrect assumptions which I corrected. Our conversation ended off with him telling me he runs his own little 20 man org which looks really nice. I love seeing org leaders in Star Citizen take the time and effort in creating nice branding and website for their org, so I wished him good luck and all is good.

1628483484711.png

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I think we should create a Spai division within TEST. I mean, if we have so many spies, why not create a "bar" intended for them? So they can share there little secrets and not steal our beer the same time 😅

As for crumbling, i doubt every org will see their number "drop" at launch. In practical in activity, because the numbers probably wont change, as inactive player wont come to update their org/affiliation status.

If ppl are already actively playing in a group, chances are high they will stick with that group, no matter the size of the group.

When people hate the big orgs, usually it is because they simply envy the big orgs :) Big orgs were successfull because <reasons> that are lacking for those small wannabe "big".

There are so many "small" orgs that do not care about growing "big" and numbers, just friendship and playing together. I guess that if some guy want to grow big for his org (I mean if he clearly say so), then there is probably some huge ego problem hidden somewhere deep inside ^^

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Long before I joined TEST, I founded my own small little org for those that I know in RL or those that I'd be meeting in game that wanted to have an org where they could rest assured that they wouldn't be kicked out just for not being active all that much for various reasons. I did this because in multiple other MMO's, I've been booted from orgs / guilds due to losing the ability to be online as often periodically. So I know how much that sucks to be rejected by those you called friends. Eventually, I heard about TEST being a fun org with plenty of active members. I happily applied & was accepted. I've been "infiltrating" TEST Squadron 1 post at a time for the past 3,832 posts before this 1 & giving out as many likes to what I've come across each of you has posted as well. Personally, I think that my joining TEST was 1 of the best gaming & social decisions that I've ever made. The only way that I see TEST taking a massive hit in numbers when SC goes live at official launch, is if CIG suddenly institutes an arbitrary cap on Org size that is considerably below where we'd be at that point. Even then, I suspect that it would only break into associated siblings that work together whenever possible. Hell, if I wasn't as gung ho about being a TESTie, I wouldn't be openly TESTifying wherever I go in public in RL. If I'm a spai, then the secret info that I'm most interested in for the most part is favorite beverages & consumption rates, because TESTies get thirsty & it's always fun to turn to your fellow friend with the expression, "Hold my beer & check this out." Cheers!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Main focus would be on the methods and frequency of @Blind Owl stealing beers from other members of TEST.
He doesn't steal it ... Do the math.
If you start with 100 bottles of beer, you have 100 beer bottles.
If @Blind Owl comes and drinks 35 beers, go ahead and count the beer bottles... 100.
If he drinks 65 more, when you count the beer bottles you will still have 100.

I have no idea what goes on to make that work but... it does.
... Not only that, but you will find that 96 of those bottles are nicely stored back in the boxes they came in, and 4 of the bottles are placed in a line beside them. That's so you can take them back to the store and get beer money. Doesn't that sound better than taking out the trash?

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hmm lol... this guys remember me one I've met several years ago while making demo games for a table top skirmish at a con in Milan.
He approach the tabe ask info how the game chances since he stop playing, mocking the system and them end up with a "why you don't came to try MY own game that I promote at my boot?".
I really see the same attitude: "big orgs will fail so come to my small org so it will grow and became a big one!"... I dont' know I see a little bit of inconsistency on the promotion attempt...

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I think we should create a Spai division within TEST. I mean, if we have so many spies, why not create a "bar" intended for them? So they can share there little secrets and not steal our beer the same time 😅

As for crumbling, i doubt every org will see their number "drop" at launch. In practical in activity, because the numbers probably wont change, as inactive player wont come to update their org/affiliation status.
After 10yrs of development we have really come together to be a more supportive community rather than one that is trying to bring each other down. Im fully aware this may change in the future, but for now Im more than happy to be focusing on helping others rather than plotting their destruction.

As for an org crumbling and and falling apart soon after the game starts mantra, they all have it backwards. The challenge is building and running an org right now. If you can do that while the game is in this early stage of development, then you are going to be in even better shape when the game comes out.

Activity right now is a fraction of what it will be at launch. If you have an org of 100 members and 5 are online right now, then you will have 95 people online in the opening weeks. That is not crumbling apart, its the exact opposite.

Eventually orgs will hit roughly a 10-20% activity rate after a year of the game being out. These will be your regulars and the active members who are on all the time. Again, this is not crumbling apart, this is just the normal level of activity we can expect.

Final word on this Apheliun org is that this guy has his work cut out for him. Its extremely difficult hitting "critical mass" in a guild. Getting to the point where people are chatting, hanging out, playing all the time.. its fucking hard!

I can appreciate the hustle because I was there. I had to learn to make videos and market the shit outa TEST because its really not easy!

Having 20 people in your org is a good start, but as time goes on, one guy gets married, another guy breaks up with his gf and goes offline, another guy has a baby and has no time... losing 2-3 active members is a disaster, so he needs to build and build fast to ensure he makes it to game release!

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
After 10yrs of development we have really come together to be a more supportive community rather than one that is trying to bring each other down. Im fully aware this may change in the future, but for now Im more than happy to be focusing on helping others rather than plotting their destruction.
That is the problem of not being native english I write bad english hehe. Here i meant to create a spy division for all external spies from other orgs (not us spying), so they can gather together in this bar of them and whispers all their little secrets about TEST between them drinking beer, it was a joke ^^

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
TEST isn’t that big anyway. What’s the point of spais from EVE online style try hards? I mean TEST is comprised of what? Blind Owl, Talonsbane, Montoya and like 100 of Montoya’s alts. I mean I too am Spartacus….I mean a Montoya b0t. Beep Beep Boop!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
TEST isn’t that big anyway. What’s the point of spais from EVE online style try hards? I mean TEST is comprised of what? Blind Owl, Talonsbane, Montoya and like 100 of Montoya’s alts. I mean I too am Spartacus….I mean a Montoya b0t. Beep Beep Boop!
I'm just a line of code which was previously the Binary file of SOTS 16. A freak lightening storm, a wifi connection and a bizzare encounter with the YouTube algorythem and here I am shitpostin' away with the best of them.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Can I be a spai for TEST to spy on TEST?

Main focus would be on the methods and frequency of @Blind Owl stealing beers from other members of TEST.
"Tactically Acquire". Stealing is bad mmmmmkaaaay.
He doesn't steal it ... Do the math.
If you start with 100 bottles of beer, you have 100 beer bottles.
If @Blind Owl comes and drinks 35 beers, go ahead and count the beer bottles... 100.
If he drinks 65 more, when you count the beer bottles you will still have 100.

I have no idea what goes on to make that work but... it does.
... Not only that, but you will find that 96 of those bottles are nicely stored back in the boxes they came in, and 4 of the bottles are placed in a line beside them. That's so you can take them back to the store and get beer money. Doesn't that sound better than taking out the trash?
Lololol, so Canadian. "I drank all your beer, but I didn't make a mess and you have enough empties to get a fair chunk off your next case."

"Oh, and I recorded the hockey game for ya because you were at work."

Forgot your password?