Star Citizen close to previous year record Invictus sales

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Already passed 2018 in sales. Not the event, the entire year. Soon, maybe even as I finish typing this, we'll pass 2019.
Both of those years were record breaking and absolutely amazing at the time.
And here we are, already past those mindboggling achievements before June has even started.

I don't really have a point here, I just thought that was something we should note. At least I'm blown away by these figures every single time I glance at them.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
SC is slowly seeping into the mainstream, it's perfectly reasonable to remain bullish.

I think the Fury is overpriced for what it offers. It's not gonna catch new pledgers without quantum, yet it competes with the same pricepoint as entry level gamepackages. It's confusing to newcomers at best, bad strategy. They should have offered a game package with a new ship around the 80-100usd mark.

This and last freefly I've seen Twitch streamers whom I'd never thought would dare touch such a controversial/ "scam" game get pulled in and enjoy themselves.. Even rather big ones like Habie347. This legitimizes the game to a lot more potential customers way more than any official marketing campaign ever could.
Also had a couple of my more distant friends give it a go, ppl I didn't even know were into space games biting the bullet, and maybe even spending on an entry package.

I wonder how much this increasing pressure to be an actually playable game will slow down the development and addition of new features. Will CiG realize that they need to put even more work into releasing less buggy patches, unless they want to lose all of this newfound goodwill (and income stream)?

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
It's not gonna catch new pledgers without quantum
New vs old players aside, don't stake too much on the (lack of) QT drive just yet. The beauty of the Fury is it's compact size. Even without a QT drive, it allows you the freedom to team up and crew another players ship but then STILL be able to bug out and go back to doing your own thing without being entirely at their mercy. Plus it's cheap with a short claim time, so even if you leave it in your buddies MSR, no huge loss. So for new and old alike I think it's a great addition to fostering multiplayer!

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
New vs old players aside, don't stake too much on the (lack of) QT drive just yet. The beauty of the Fury is it's compact size. Even without a QT drive, it allows you the freedom to team up and crew another players ship but then STILL be able to bug out and go back to doing your own thing without being entirely at their mercy. Plus it's cheap with a short claim time, so even if you leave it in your buddies MSR, no huge loss. So for new and old alike I think it's a great addition to fostering multiplayer!
I almost bought one. Then I couldn't be bothered to pull out my wallet. It's not that I don't like the design of the ship and see it fulfilling its nitch well, it's just I guess I have moved on for the moment.

Forgot your password?