Star Citizen Config files, High and Low

Eiyron

Space Marshal
Jan 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Eiyron
Sorry, been away for a while with really crappy internet.

The game is still made on CRYENGINE so this cfg file should still work, whatever patch they come out with.

Only thing that should change is the directory where the file should be placed. (if CIG feels the need to put SC in a new directory again)

sidewinder333

Lieutenant
Feb 6, 2016
RSI Handle
sidewinder333
Hello all. Hope I am in the right place... So i have been working on a building a flight simulator for Star citizen. Before the 2.0 update i had the game play display on 3 screen. This was possible by modifying the System.cfg file. on you tube "[Guide] Best way to run Star Citizen on 3 monitors."
Now with the update would anyone be able to tell me how to get that setting back? Because of the odd display set up I have not been able to get this configuration to work via Windows or Nvidia display settings. Can anyone tell me the new way to do this? Please and thank You!!!
11898564_899428053473796_1000156436201871712_n (1).jpg

I plan to upgrade to 3 65in LG LED monitors, plus a few LG "OLED" this Room simulated environment will support up to 6 players for many different programs. this system already has 5 computers which you are only seeing the displays from 1 PC... hehe.
12295520_943187632431171_8062019527893329069_n.jpg

Wakapedia

Vice Admiral
Donor
Sep 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Wakapedia
Hello all. Hope I am in the right place... So i have been working on a building a flight simulator for Star citizen. Before the 2.0 update i had the game play display on 3 screen. This was possible by modifying the System.cfg file. on you tube "[Guide] Best way to run Star Citizen on 3 monitors."
Now with the update would anyone be able to tell me how to get that setting back? Because of the odd display set up I have not been able to get this configuration to work via Windows or Nvidia display settings. Can anyone tell me the new way to do this? Please and thank You!!! View attachment 1406
I plan to upgrade to 3 65in LG LED monitors, plus a few LG "OLED" this Room simulated environment will support up to 6 players for many different programs. this system already has 5 computers which you are only seeing the displays from 1 PC... hehe.
View attachment 1407
So much sexy. :D

Reactions: Talonsbane

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
Please note: CIG advised _against_ using this configs. They was made for 1.3 or even lower version of game.

Eiyron

Space Marshal
Jan 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Eiyron
Now with the update would anyone be able to tell me how to get that setting back? Because of the odd display set up I have not been able to get this configuration to work via Windows or Nvidia display settings. Can anyone tell me the new way to do this? Please and thank You!!! View attachment 1406
View attachment 1407
Sorry man, I've been away. been busy with real life stuff. I would love to be of help but there would be no way for me to test this on my end. Your setup look lovely though, I wish I had something like that.

Good luck.

Gumbi17

Space Marshal
Sep 1, 2016
RSI Handle
gumbi_17
I am running on a laptop that I just had to bring the screen resolution down to 1920 X 1080 from 2550, and now I am getting crashing problems. When the game launches it does not go full screen but minimized, and it last less than 15 min before a crash sometimes less. Do I need to change the .cfg to a lower setting or is it another problem with it starting minimized that is making it crash?

Last edited:

Eiyron

Space Marshal
Jan 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Eiyron
I am running on a laptop that I just had to bring the screen resolution down to 1920 X 1080 from 2550, and now I am getting crashing problems. When the game launches it does not go full screen but minimized, and it last less than 15 min before a crash sometimes less. Do I need to change the .cfg to a lower setting or is it another problem with it starting minimized that is making it crash?
Im not quite sure, I need more info. what's the exact model number of the laptop?? I also need info on upgrades you have done to it (RAM HDD SSD etc.)

Have you been having crashing problems prior to installing the cfg files?

Last edited:

Lord_B

Admiral
Sep 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Lord_B
Hi Eiyron

Thanks for the work your doing it helped out a lot just want to know will it work for 3.0 ptu or should i just wait for it to go live?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Great insights. Here's hoping that it can help some of us enjoy better game play to enjoy SC as best as our individual PC's can manage.

Forgot your password?