Star Citizen Mercury Star Runner Giveaway

Chip Hazzard

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2018
RSI Handle
ChipHazzard
A pair of medium computers can run 4 turrets, per the Hammerhead Q&A. Now a medium computer has 4 blade slots, per concept art, so how that works is an open question.
I did not know that! I don't think I have read the Hammerhead Q&A... might read that now! I wonder if the type/size of turret affects how many blades it needs? Or whether they have to have certain blades installed to run ship systems?

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I did not know that! I don't think I have read the Hammerhead Q&A... might read that now! I wonder if the type/size of turret affects how many blades it needs? Or whether they have to have certain blades installed to run ship systems?
If you have two computers and if one is the back up for the other, and if it is as was in the concept art that a medium computer has 4 blade slots, then it is one blade per computer per turret.

I'm smelling an awful lot of IF coming off that statement though. :)

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Let see...

Connie..... 96 SCU cargo space
Mercury... 96 SCU cargo space

Don't see what cargo advantage any of them have vs each other as they have exact same cargo capacity

Connie is a Large ship = slow and more fire power than Mercury more likely to get blown up
Mercury Medium ship = fast agile and less firepower Than Connie less likely to get blown up

Mercury less cross section profile = less target area harder to hit and to lock missile to
Connie large cross section profile = larger target area easier to hit and lock missile to

Connie have snub that can not QJ
Mercury not

Mercury have dedicated huge data storage
Connie not

Mercury have dedicated scanner Room
Connie not

Mercury have dedicated hidden pathways
Connie not

Mercury have dedicated hidden smuggler cargo space
Connie not

Mercury have dedicated RECREATION ROOM
Connie not

Mercury have dedicated crew quarters
Connie not

Mercury have dedicated rooms for components
Connie not

I still can't understand why one would keep the Andromeda over a Mercury.

Keep the Aquilla as that is more like Mercury,
sure I can see that happen after all it is a explorer ship and damn good at it.

Keep the Phoenix why not sure thing, cause ahmm!.. Luxury! ha ha ha...

But then why not get all of them and be gone with indecisive moments. 🤣 😂 🤪

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺
🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

CHEERS!

Last edited:

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Let see...

<snip for brevity>

CHEERS!
TBH I feel really bad for the Constellation. I've never owned one or particuarly cared to but it's such a lackluster

I think it's important to note that the Constellation is one of the oldest ship models still in service- it's basically unchanged since 2013. CIG has improved a lot since then and honestly I think the Constellation needs a complete rework to bring it up to modern standards. The assets are noticeably dated and I'd say the interior is too.

It was also designed back when the plan was to have 2-3 landing zones on a planet that you landed via a cutscene with not even a hint of the full scale planets we have today. Which is why it has that janky cargo elevator instead of a nice simple ramp, because physically unloading stuff wasn't going to happen, a cutscene would just play out or it would happen in the background while you explored a city.

Both the Connie (and Corsair, when it gets in) also really need to get another S2 shield generator or bumped up to a single S3 instead. It's over 50% bigger than the Freelancer and has the same shield capacity? What?

But even ignoring that the Mercury isn't really designed for combat whereas the Constellation even from the get-go was designed to be comfortable fighting off some smaller fighters- it was the original "end game" ship believe it or not! 😆

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
TBH I feel really bad for the Constellation. I've never owned one or particuarly cared to but it's such a lackluster

I think it's important to note that the Constellation is one of the oldest ship models still in service- it's basically unchanged since 2013. CIG has improved a lot since then and honestly I think the Constellation needs a complete rework to bring it up to modern standards. The assets are noticeably dated and I'd say the interior is too.

It was also designed back when the plan was to have 2-3 landing zones on a planet that you landed via a cutscene with not even a hint of the full scale planets we have today. Which is why it has that janky cargo elevator instead of a nice simple ramp, because physically unloading stuff wasn't going to happen, a cutscene would just play out or it would happen in the background while you explored a city.

Both the Connie (and Corsair, when it gets in) also really need to get another S2 shield generator or bumped up to a single S3 instead. It's over 50% bigger than the Freelancer and has the same shield capacity? What?

But even ignoring that the Mercury isn't really designed for combat whereas the Constellation even from the get-go was designed to be comfortable fighting off some smaller fighters- it was the original "end game" ship believe it or not! 😆
Indeed that's so true.. it's nostalgia ha ha ha...

🍻

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
100% I find it boring. It can have all the utility in the verse, but if it's boring . . .
I think it's important to note that the Constellation is one of the oldest ship models still in service- it's basically unchanged since 2013. CIG has improved a lot since then and honestly I think the Constellation needs a complete rework to bring it up to modern standards. The assets are noticeably dated and I'd say the interior is too
Also completely agree. Redesign, and the interior NEEDS to change. It's just so blasé. One freaking room with everything in it? Living quarters, kitchen, shared space, cockpit/bridge, shitters.

Daak Gelrin

Grand Admiral
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Daak
100% I find it boring. It can have all the utility in the verse, but if it's boring . . .

Also completely agree. Redesign, and the interior NEEDS to change. It's just so blasé. One freaking room with everything in it? Living quarters, kitchen, shared space, cockpit/bridge, shitters.
I absolutely agree on your assessment, and will further it by saying it's not only "boring", it is ugly as sin. I know that "looks" are subjective, but I just don't like most RSI ships even though I own a couple. (a mighty Aurora and a Polaris)

At one time, long ago in beginning, I owned a Constellation. It was the first ship package I traded in for account credit, even though it was one of the package deals that came with a game copy and model or something like that. To this day, everytime I see one I throw-up in my mouth a bit.

Firebrand

Captain
Oct 13, 2020
RSI Handle
Qallus
I think an interesting thing to note is that the mercurary has 5 computers more than any other small to medium ship - which should allow you to (eventually) slave all turrets to auto blade so you can effectively solo the ship. Maybe not offensively, but defendively - I agree the 2 x S2 for the pilot are weak compare to the connie and feelancer max. I guess it all revolves around the looks, the feels when flying and the datarunning whenever that appears.
The main bulk of all those computers will be dedicated to the 'Data Running' aspect of the ship and highly unlikely to be used to slave the turrets with blades. This point has already been addressed by the devs time and again.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I absolutely agree on your assessment, and will further it by saying it's not only "boring", it is ugly as sin. I know that "looks" are subjective, but I just don't like most RSI ships even though I own a couple. (a mighty Aurora and a Polaris)

At one time, long ago in beginning, I owned a Constellation. It was the first ship package I traded in for account credit, even though it was one of the package deals that came with a game copy and model or something like that. To this day, everytime I see one I throw-up in my mouth a bit.
Haha, "throw-up in my mouth". I love it. Hilarious. I do agree though, she is a hideous ship.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar

Each time I see some new toys I'm tempted to get, I'm looking at my rear admiral package, and then I think "no I won't upgrade you don't worry, you were the first one..."

I really hope the Connie will get some love in the future...

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I don't care what it has or has not vs the connie. The connie looks like something a tranformers would give birth to if it had serious drug problems...
The MSR looks awesome. I want one. The end.
Now this I get. It is the same way I feel about most Drake ships.

Forgot your password?