Starting Over

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Since lots of TESTies started with very humble contributions and haven't sunk much into the game, many will be starting near from scratch with the reset. So here's a thread for advise to those starting over. Everyone have at with your opinions.

This guy has some great ideas for starting with nothing but the original game package:

View: https://youtu.be/v2BNp8wf3sw

Also, there are a lot of tutorials online to consider if you want to attack the smuggling circuit. I will just note that from what I have seen, you'll seldom be toting more than 10SCU, and if you want the fastest, stealthiest ship in game that carries 10 SCU, that is the 315P. With no component changes it is perfectly suitable for a dozen tasks, but for smuggling it is very quiet and blazing fast. Unlike the Avenger Titan which is also worth looking at, it has a little more cargo room than you need instead of the Titan, which has a little too small a cargo hold. Don't even bother to upgrade the components if you like. it really is serviceable right out of the box, but if you have to customize, you can cut your time on some trips in less than half by putting a fast military Q Drive in. Just make sure you have enough distance for a given run. If not, put the old drive back in until your route changes again. If you know what route you'll be running, you can actually buy a drive that will give you minimum turn around time for that route distance.

For smugglers:

Personally, I would suggest running at least a few "clear out" bounty missions first to get a few weapons and buy a nice armor set. Then move on to smuggling if that sounds fun. Ignore the buzz about the Nomad. It is too big, too slow, and too loud for your needs. Besides, the Beemers are sexier than pickup trucks.

*Do NOT go on smuggling missions without armor and a good weapon. Those damn smugglers will steal your shit.

**Stealing shit from smugglers seems a doable profession, too.

Forgot your password?