Tesla - Aug 19th

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Ahhh, thank you. I feel like there have been so many announcements lately only the biggest (or oddest like the dancing meatbag) make it through - I know some Teslas are supposed to be able to play CyderPunk 2077 or something? The biggest prize going for AI is onboard AI. Needing an internet connection is hypersad for the progression of thinksilicone.

Reactions: Vavrik

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Ya, the meatbag in a robotic suit was rather... poorly done.

As for the technology
  • Tesla Vision with AI integration is going to show just how right this technology is over lidar.
    • A significant amount of the presentation was on tesla autopilot
  • Project Dojo
    • Is the original image.
    • It's a super-fast training computer.
    • 25 D1 chips / multi chip module / fan out waffer
    • ExaPod 1.1 EFLOP (1 billion billion calculations per second a thousandfold increase over the first petascale computer that came into operation in 2008)
      • 120 Training Tiles | 3000 D1 Chips | > 1M Training nodes.
      • Uses PyTorch-Extensions / JIT NN Compiler LLVM Backend for generating binary

1629731006459.png

1629731357862.png

The Tesla bot seems to be in the very early stages of development.

But I have to say Dojo is the more exciting technology presented and I can't imaging the possibilities that one can do with one of the training tiles and in fact, I think this might unlock a lot more than just training AI.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
The biggest prize going for AI is onboard AI. Needing an internet connection is hypersad for the progression of thinksilicone.
You don't need an internet connection for the AI, that should be onboard so it's situation awareness and decisions are as fast as possible. But the AI needs updates on traffic patterns, construction etc.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yes if you can provide it with the power it craves.
Would making it a member of the UEE senate be enough or are we talking Imperetor levels of power here?

Forgot your password?