TEST Book Club - April Nominations CLOSED

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Well I hope everyone is enjoying March's pick, however long it may be (seems to never end!). We are gonna kick off nominations again, so pick your favorite book to add to the list. Some simple rules regarding the nomination phase of our little book club:

• One nomination per person
  • Include book title and author
  • No changing your pick
  • Feel free to explain (without spoiling) why you nominated your pick
Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the month and I look forward to see what great picks you all have!

P.S. if you want to keep track of all our previous picks, feel free to check out our book club on goodreads.com here.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I nominate Old Man's War by John Scalzi

But I would vote for any of the stories nominated so far. They're all good stories.

Last edited:
Reactions: Printimus and Scape

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Just wondering how most people read the books for the book club? Kindle? or do you go and buy a physical copy?
If I already have a physical copy or it is on my "to-read" list, I sometimes buy a physical copy. Otherwise I just do the kindle/e-book version. My wife and I have been trying to build up our personal library so it's easy for me to get permission to buy more books.

Some of our members utilize their local library to check out the books that way which is awesome if you dont have the funds nor the space for a personal library. We all gotta pay for those space pixels anyhow, right? Priorities.

Audible books is another popular way to enjoy the books we choose. I know many of the members here prefer this method.

Reactions: Sraika

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
If I already have a physical copy or it is on my "to-read" list, I sometimes buy a physical copy. Otherwise I just do the kindle/e-book version. My wife and I have been trying to build up our personal library so it's easy for me to get permission to buy more books.

Some of our members utilize their local library to check out the books that way which is awesome if you dont have the funds nor the space for a personal library. We all gotta pay for those space pixels anyhow, right? Priorities.

Audible books is another popular way to enjoy the books we choose. I know many of the members here prefer this method.
yea i see, was just going to say that i already have alot of .mobi (Kindle) ebooks and if i have the one that is selected then i could upload it for other people.
I have so many that i havent read

Reactions: Vavrik and Sraika

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Just wondering how most people read the books for the book club? Kindle? or do you go and buy a physical copy?
I usually use Kindle on a tablet or cell phone, and other formats too not always Kindle.

Reactions: Scape

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
yea i see, was just going to say that i already have alot of .mobi (Kindle) ebooks and if i have the one that is selected then i could upload it for other people.
I have so many that i havent read
While I do appreciate your willingness to share, I cannot condone piracy of electronic goods. If you are going to share, I would advise doing so in a private setting (not on public forums such as here). Thank you!

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Piracy? They were all purchased legally...but understood.
Right, but in the small print, you arnt supposed to share your legal purchase. If you did, you would become a distributor.... kinda like how you werent supposed to make copies of VHS tapes for your friends back in the day.

Forgot your password?