TEST Book Club - April Nominations CLOSED

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
Right, but in the small print, you arnt supposed to share your legal purchase. If you did, you would become a distributor.... kinda like how you werent supposed to make copies of VHS tapes for your friends back in the day.
Didnt have to explain man, i knew what you meant đź‘Ť

• o7
Reactions: Printimus

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Didnt have to explain man, i knew what you meant đź‘Ť
Haha, my bad, I'm still somewhat used to having to explain how shit works to teenagers straight out of bootcamp from the navy. (I used to be an avionics instructor)

Reactions: Scape

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
There are a few websites that use personal Kindle collections as kind of virtual "library" by matching people who want to read a particular book with those who own it. Perfectly allowable as the Kindle platform allows sharing for 14 days to anyone. https://lendle.me/

So if you want an Ebook, don't want to pirate, and don't want to pay those are a good option. Just gotta be in the USA due to region restrictions, and it depends on the book. I think there are a few that do it in the UK, not sure. @Scape

Last edited:
Reactions: Scape

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
if you're looking for nominations... I have a "few" more but I'd really like to see what other members suggest, especially new members.

Reactions: Scape and Printimus

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
if you're looking for nominations... I have a "few" more but I'd really like to see what other members suggest, especially new members.
Haha I'll bet, I do too, but let us stick to the rules and only have one vote per person. However, if you know someone who hasnt nominated one yet, poke em!

Reactions: Sraika and Scape

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
My library has ebooks that you can get loaned to you for set periods of time, usually like 5 or so copies of a title, so 5 people could check it out at the same time for a couple of weeks. Might want to see if your local libraries have something similar. At mine (or any of the libraries in my county) you go to the website to check it out and then download it through amazon.

As to nominations I'm going to suggest REAMDE by Neal Stephenson (deliberate misspelling of read me file name). A description from the wikipedia page "The story, set in the present day, centers on the plight of a hostage and the ensuing efforts of family and new acquaintances, many of them associated with a fictional MMORPG, to rescue her as her various captors drag her about the globe. Topics covered range from online activities including gold farming and social networking to the criminal methods of the Russian mafia and Islamic terrorists. "

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
My library has ebooks that you can get loaned to you for set periods of time, usually like 5 or so copies of a title, so 5 people could check it out at the same time for a couple of weeks. Might want to see if your local libraries have something similar. At mine (or any of the libraries in my county) you go to the website to check it out and then download it through amazon.

As to nominations I'm going to suggest REAMDE by Neal Stephenson (deliberate misspelling of read me file name). A description from the wikipedia page "The story, set in the present day, centers on the plight of a hostage and the ensuing efforts of family and new acquaintances, many of them associated with a fictional MMORPG, to rescue her as her various captors drag her about the globe. Topics covered range from online activities including gold farming and social networking to the criminal methods of the Russian mafia and Islamic terrorists. "
Another giant book by Neal Stephenson? lol I am barely able to get through the first one.
We need to think about pioneering the universe so we should go back to our roots
Brokeback Mountain by Annie Proulx
Interesting pick, is this one of your favorites?

Reactions: Sraika and Scape

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Forgot your password?