TEST armor (yellow/black)
Black armor
Multiple Weapons
Med-pack

Goal:
Brevity use during session.
Deployment of land forces.
Engagement of a force hiding in caves.

Before the event starts, we will gather in TEST Discord #TSMC Briefing channel, 20:00 UTC.
During the briefing everybody needs to go to the main menu.
Everybody stays in the main menu until they get a party invite.

Kindly wear official TEST ARMOR, fit at least 1 weapon, medpacks, oxigen,...
Further instructions will be given in the TEST Discord #Marines Briefing channel.

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Err Icaro are you aware that the whole Hurston space (lagrange point expluded that we don't care for this event), is on monitored space??
This could end with the at least half of the party in jail at the end...
Yeap, but Levski doesn't has any caves, at least not that I'm aware of

jessehiraya

Grand Admiral
Apr 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Hiraya
Okay cool. Its just that I already bought a full set of gold heavy armor and then I saw this post and I'm like aw man I don't want to have two sets of heavy armor. I don't have any medium armor sets yet so maybe I'll look into that so I can see what its like with all the different pieces.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Okay cool. Its just that I already bought a full set of gold heavy armor and then I saw this post and I'm like aw man I don't want to have two sets of heavy armor. I don't have any medium armor sets yet so maybe I'll look into that so I can see what its like with all the different pieces.
If you wanna go cheap, just get sets of light armor. Doesn't matter what kind of armor it is....TESTies are bad shots anyway. We're basically Star Wars Stormtroopers!

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Does it matter if the armor is light, medium, heavy?
Yes It does actually...
Light armour are not suited for combat oriented enviroment, thery are good if you are out there exploring and you need something that make you feel a bit more protect then the standard flight suite, but on the stopping someone to but an hole in your squishy body that not theyr job, it also have few hardpoint for spare mag and no granade capacity.

Heavy armor are a good way to rpotect yourself and they can carry the best supply of spear mag and granade (don't use then the trow mechanics is bugged!!!), but they are also combersome, make you less agile and tire you faster.

Medium armor should be the standard for combat operation: a good compromise on protection, carry capacity for mag and granades and mobility.

That say and taking the light armor out of the game the difference in protection in an actual combat enviroment beteween a medium and a heavy armor is neglettable: with a standard P4-AR rifle it take just 2-3 shot more to kill a person in heavy armor compared to a medium one so if the idea of wearing a heavy armor to being an untoppable killing machine is what you think.... sorry think again.

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
If you wanna go cheap, just get sets of light armor. Doesn't matter what kind of armor it is....TESTies are bad shots anyway. We're basically Star Wars Stormtroopers!
Well you underestimate a lot of testies...
As there are damn good pilot in TEST therea are also some damn good shoooter... so don't use a light armor during TSMC operations.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Err Icaro are you aware that the whole Hurston space (lagrange point expluded that we don't care for this event), is on monitored space??
This could end with the at least half of the party in jail at the end...
Good point.

Beginning with Alpha 3.9, friendly fire within the party doesn't result in crimestat. However this would have be verified first /I can do it with any fellow Testie/, and obviously keeping both aggressor and defender teams in the single party would result in keeping all player markers visible to everyone, making entire exercise the shooting range competition.

O-Lefty

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
RSI Handle
O-Lefty
In preparation for the TSMC Training this weekend: if you want a good read for the inspiration of the TSMC organizational structure read through the Marine Air-Ground Task Force (MAGTF) section of https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organization_of_the_United_States_Marine_Corps

The TEST Star Marine Corps (TSMC) will follow the basics of this organization for our missions. Obviously we will adapt to our assets in the PU (dropships, bomber support, deployment from Javelins/Idris-P/etc.). Also the USMC missions are much larger so our structure will be scaled down.

The primary takeaway should be that the command is put in place on a per mission basis, intended to be flexible with guidelines provided in documentation. The smallest element of command is the fire team which is preferably 4 TSMC with one of those being the fire team leader (FTL). Three fire teams make a squad, with one of the FTLs being the Squad Leader. The entire mission should have one Commanding Officer (CO) and aside from the fire teams mentioned above there may be "air" support and medical directly commanded by the CO or embedded with the squad.

Let me reinforce that this is all a guideline and everything should be adapted by the Commanding Officer to the mission and available resources.

I'm hoping to be there this weekend, but if not I hope you all enjoy the time and learn a thing or two about working as a group. We are back looking at running weekly TSMC events and this will be kicking off that effort.

Fly safe out there,
o7 O-Lefty

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Does it matter if the armor is light, medium, heavy?
Yes It does actually...
Light armour are not suited for combat oriented enviroment, thery are good if you are out there exploring and you need something that make you feel a bit more protect then the standard flight suite, but on the stopping someone to but an hole in your squishy body that not theyr job, it also have few hardpoint for spare mag and no granade capacity.

Heavy armor are a good way to rpotect yourself and they can carry the best supply of spear mag and granade (don't use then the trow mechanics is bugged!!!), but they are also combersome, make you less agile and tire you faster.

Medium armor should be the standard for combat operation: a good compromise on protection, carry capacity for mag and granades and mobility.

That say and taking the light armor out of the game the difference in protection in an actual combat enviroment beteween a medium and a heavy armor is neglettable: with a standard P4-AR rifle it take just 2-3 shot more to kill a person in heavy armor compared to a medium one so if the idea of wearing a heavy armor to being an untoppable killing m
Wrong answer @Cugino83 😁 let me correct you:
Yes, it does.
If you are on the other team, dress brightly and good visible, don't move too much, ignore Cuginos post.
If you are on my team, read Cuginos comment very closely, some good advise!!!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
In preparation for the TSMC Training this weekend: if you want a good read for the inspiration of the TSMC organizational structure read through the Marine Air-Ground Task Force (MAGTF) section of https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organization_of_the_United_States_Marine_Corps

The TEST Star Marine Corps (TSMC) will follow the basics of this organization for our missions. Obviously we will adapt to our assets in the PU (dropships, bomber support, deployment from Javelins/Idris-P/etc.). Also the USMC missions are much larger so our structure will be scaled down.

The primary takeaway should be that the command is put in place on a per mission basis, intended to be flexible with guidelines provided in documentation. The smallest element of command is the fire team which is preferably 4 TSMC with one of those being the fire team leader (FTL). Three fire teams make a squad, with one of the FTLs being the Squad Leader. The entire mission should have one Commanding Officer (CO) and aside from the fire teams mentioned above there may be "air" support and medical directly commanded by the CO or embedded with the squad.

Let me reinforce that this is all a guideline and everything should be adapted by the Commanding Officer to the mission and available resources.

I'm hoping to be there this weekend, but if not I hope you all enjoy the time and learn a thing or two about working as a group. We are back looking at running weekly TSMC events and this will be kicking off that effort.

Fly safe out there,
o7 O-Lefty
This is all very complicated. I am a simple man, tell me who to shoot and I will shoot them. Tell me what to shoot and I will shoot it. Tell me to be quiet and I will be quiet.

Palmtree219

Commander
May 31, 2020
RSI Handle
Lightning219
I'm looking to attend, but it depends on if I manage to get enough credits for all the gear first. SC has been giving me a particularly hard time the past few days unfortunately. In terms of weapons, is there a preference for us to use?

Forgot your password?