TEST Org - In games Roles and Ranks

JonSpencer

Grand Admiral
Aug 26, 2018
RSI Handle
jondspen1
One guy got Captain because we thought it would be funny to make him outrank an actual enlisted Army officer IRL.
LOL....that is funny...and just another example of why TEST Squadron = BEST Squadron!!! 😎

No problems. Been doing a few mining missions with the gang. Trying to work up BH so I can drag ppl along to get a feel for turret gunning or let them fly my cutty...but dunno if its me or the ship, every time I start the Eckhart chain alone or put someone in the turret...30k, glitching play, or sumthang else bugs me out b4 I can complete. About the only time I can get on and have good play experience is from 1-5am central US. IDK why I can't find anyone on ATT?!?!?!? 😴🛏💤

Anyway. I will try and get into the calendar events more. Just finished up Clan Wars in World of Tank, recently installed a new graphics card, and two Gladiator sticks are OTW to replace my TM. Hopefully will be actually able to 'play' with these upgrades.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
On these forums, the rank is almost meaningless so as far as I'm concerned you can remove them. The only thing we need to know is who is staff so we know who to turn to for help if something breaks, or an officer so we know who to blame when something breaks.
Yes. Blame for broken things should only move upwards.

I support this.

hahaha

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
The ranks on the forums here are based off the number of times you post.

The ranks in Star Citizen will be based off the shit you do in the game for the org.

Organized weekly 50 man fleet ops? Promotion!

Fought off an invasion single handedly and saved a squad of miners from losing their haul? Promotion!

Crash our Bengal carrier in to the enemy Bengal carrier? Promotion!

Which raises the question, should we simply remove the ranks from this forum because way too many members seem to get confused by this.

Thoughts?
I assumed the ranks here were like watching an episode of "whos line is it anyway" where the ranks dont matter and the beer is free.

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
I noticed here in the forums, I am a Vice Admiral. I have been playing on and off since 2.9ish. Recently though, I noticed when I look at my status in the Org, I am still a cadet. Since roles and ranks are separate in SC Orgs, is there a reason why many of us are still cadets? Other games, your rank gives you org rights, and I understand that, but doesn't seem to be the
2. Can I get promoted above cadet? Tired of attempting to play with others in verse, but they don't want me in their reindeer games b/c it is assumed I don't know the rule about not walking around inside their HH when trying to QJ, or to not exit MOLE mining seats until pilot has entered QJ.
Dont worry cadet, you can drive my Carrack around anytime you want as long as you promise to crash with style while quoting a highku or other short poetry. I must warn you, there will be highjinxs, shenanigans, and tomfoolery and possible drinking games involving curse word usage or random words from the dictionary.

JonSpencer

Grand Admiral
Aug 26, 2018
RSI Handle
jondspen1
Well...my degree is in inner asteroid basket weaving...so looks like I get stuck on waypoint duty doodie

BTW...I onlystarted this thread to see how long it would take TEST to derail it completely off track! I am proud to report - TEST did it in record time with only 6.5435e-4 % of the org members! Well done everybody! Keep up the shoddy and barely passable work! 😯🥴 It's what makes .......

TEST Squadron = BEST Squadron

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Err... sorry man, you can't.
You're blind and an howl: you don'0t see the windows glass so you can't lick them...🤷‍♂️
Lololol, I don't need to see the windows to lick them! I just stumble around blindly until I run into something solid, then start licking. Which is basically how I operate in all facets of my life. Also probably why I made so many friends at that truck stop with the holes in the bathroom wall...

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I don't even pay attention to rank, I look at who is active and when they joined, rank to me is when you joined the org and if you are active as far as the website goes. In game is different, I play a lot but I do not join many Org events as I don't have a set time I can commit very often to a specific event, that will change this year though! Since we started using Guilded more I have made the effort to log in daily even if I don't say or do much I try to make sure I am in there even its just to say hi or welcome people and maybe once in awhile start a political argument just so Montoya can get in trouble! lol

LurchLord

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2016
RSI Handle
LurchLord
Why do ranks always have to be military sounding?
As someone who spend over a decade carrying around useless tinsel on his shoulders, I support the motion to demilitarize ranks.
If there is no such motion, let there be one.
Ranks should be as useless and ridiculous sounding as they are.

I call dibs on "Chief executive vice president of doing stuff".
Alternatively, "Senior lead rum drinker" is also acceptable.

This has been my yearly emergence from lurkerdom. Have a nice day.

p.s.: "Supreme lurker deluxe" would also be a nice rank to have ;)

Forgot your password?