Testie BBQ at PAX South 2017

Rattle-N-hum

Space Marshal
Aug 26, 2014
RSI Handle
RattleNHum
To celebrate TEST squadron having the best Testies, we will be having a Texas Style BBQ with shredded brisket, sausage, burgers and chicken. BYOB to wash down some smoked Testie meats.. I'm looking for a location ATM. Space seems to be a premium, and hotels have very little land/parking. If you happen to live in the area and know, some input would be appreciated.

As it stands, We would probably be doing this at a park. Google only shows 3, but that seems strange for a city the size of SA.

Last edited:

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I'd fly there, but the air companies don't want me crashing any more of their planes. Can't come ;__;

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
To celebrate TEST squadron having the best Testies, we will be having a Texas Style BBQ with shredded brisket, sausage, burgers and chicken. BYOB to wash down some smoked Testie meats.. I'm looking for a location ATM. Space seems to be a premium, and hotels have very little land/parking. If you happen to live in the area and know, some input would be appreciated.

As it stands, We would probably be doing this at a park. Google only shows 3, but that seems strange for a city the size of SA.
I can fly out there for this one. Prob bring some stuffs. Write me at [email protected] so I have ya'lls contact infos.

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
Is the BBQ going to be on Saturday? If so I may be able to drive down for the day.

Pyrophoric

Grand Admiral
Oct 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Pyrophoric
I am one of the Austin Bar Citizen Coordinators and we're trying to put together an event for all the Citizens for Sat. night.

We're going to “start at Durty Nelly's Irish Pub, right next to the convention center and if we overload it move down the road to Bier Garten Riverwalk. We will start around 6, but wander in and out whenever you like. See you all there!

This is the Discord for the meetup. If you can't find us, or we move to the other location(s):

https://discord.gg/BQhS2y9

Reactions: SeungRyul

Admiral_Nolan

not dead
Nov 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Admiral_Nolan
I live in Houston so I'll be driving to San Antonio for PAX South.... I might also mention that I will be bringing the full stream rig again this year. Definitely looking forward to seeing if I can live up to the parties that I threw last year! :yum::sunglasses:

Bomer Fett

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Bomer_Fett
I live in Houston so I'll be driving to San Antonio for PAX South.... I might also mention that I will be bringing the full stream rig again this year. Definitely looking forward to seeing if I can live up to the parties that I threw last year! :yum::sunglasses:
Challenge ACCEPTED!

ratfeast

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
ratfeast
It depends on the number of people and the time, but my house is available for a party or for a couple of people to stay in. I'm not too close to the convention center.

ratfeast

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
ratfeast
I'd be happy to host a BBQ at my house that Saturday evening if I could get a head count on who can come. I can also pick up about 4 of you to bring out to my place. I live about 15 minutes from the convention center. I can fit maybe 50 people if the weather is nice, 35 if its not.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?